Y-wing... Why Not... SS Y-wing Build by mjhenks.

I have yellow. As sort of expected this but my tape already started the wear/chipping process as it was removed. I am ok with that.

40875BC3-2317-4A7B-807B-AD4CFCD8C1D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B9BF74D-169A-4ACF-B745-9C578FCD5B06.jpeg
    1B9BF74D-169A-4ACF-B745-9C578FCD5B06.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
You heard the one about the pastor on a tight budget who kept "almost finishing" the painting of his steeple, but as he got higher and higher on the ladder he kept almost running out of paint, so he would go down the ladder and add just a little bit more thinner in the belief that he could get the job done without having to buy more paint.

On the third addition of thinner, all of a sudden the clouds overhead darkened and lightning and thunder commenced to roll and a voice came out of the clouds very angry sounding, and it said...

"REPAINT!!! And THIN No More!!!"

Y-wing is done. Done as i am going to go for my first try. I am pleased with it. Dirtier than the original but i am pleased with my weathering and "damage"

Arranging a photo shoot with a buddy of mine in the next few weeks. Will post images then.

Y-wing is done. Done as i am going to go for my first try. I am pleased with it. Dirtier than the original but i am pleased with my weathering and "damage"

Arranging a photo shoot with a buddy of mine in the next few weeks. Will post images then.

You big tease! :oops:

Wow Super modeling skills love what you have done the wiring just blows me away nice job and don't discredit yourself on painting you got it all the way keep on painting you can paint. Great job glad you shared this adventure can't wait to see it all finished. keep it going

Wow, it looks just beautiful. You don't give yourself enough credit. I hope my Y-wing turns out as nice as yours. Can't wait to see your photo shoot.
Cheers,
Kevin

Yes, the painting of the droid could be improved by masking all the little square and airbrushing the color. I know; lots of work cutting all of those details but the result will be A+;) Also, eyes are difficult to paint, so maybe the addition of an orange visor on the helmet would solve things.
Besides that; beautiful work and results building that YWing:cool::cool:(y)(y)

Thank you all. I agree on the droid painting joberg. Maybe next time. And Eye's. He looks creepy for sure. I have a visor... hmmm.

Also, somebody, I forget who (Moffeaton maybe?) made a decal sheet for the droids a while back, and you can just base coat them and then apply the rectangles and squares and other fiddly bit decals on top, so that it comes out nice and clean like. So even though your droid is 'black and white' you could still, if he's removable, clean him up a bit -- UNLESS you are intentionally going for the fast/sloppy ILM-paint-job technique from back in the day, and not trying to super-accurize it for static, motionless display. At 24fps, I'm sure it looks perfect as is, and I totally get this from an "aesthetic preference" point of view, if that is indeed your aesthetic preference. But you don't have to "suffer" if you do want him cleaned up -- simple white decal paper applied to the black droid will make it look flawless, and a top coat of matt clear will make the decaling invisible.

Also, somebody, I forget who (Moffeaton maybe?) made a decal sheet for the droids a while back, and you can just base coat them and then apply the rectangles and squares and other fiddly bit decals on top, so that it comes out nice and clean like. So even though your droid is 'black and white' you could still, if he's removable, clean him up a bit -- UNLESS you are intentionally going for the fast/sloppy ILM-paint-job technique from back in the day, and not trying to super-accurize it for static, motionless display. At 24fps, I'm sure it looks perfect as is, and I totally get this from an "aesthetic preference" point of view, if that is indeed your aesthetic preference. But you don't have to "suffer" if you do want him cleaned up -- simple white decal paper applied to the black droid will make it look flawless, and a top coat of matt clear will make the decaling invisible.

I would love a link to whoever made these stickers. (y) :p :love:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back