Worst casting decisions ever made in movies

As who? Do you not like him as Cassian? Or something else?

As Cassian, yes... And I totally get that its a matter of opinion.

I loved Rogue One, just didn't care about most of the characters nor really liked most of the casting calls; with the exception of Felicity Jones, Mads Mikelson, and the guy who plays Crennic - they were all great.

While discussing bad casting and Star Wars Stories, Woody Harrelson? Really...?

Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York

Took me out of the film immediately

Damn you. I'd forgotten that character was even in the film, and had made it to a point of remembering the movie more fondly for her absence. Now I'll have to wait to forget her all over again before the happy thoughts return.

ok, I pose a question; is Shia LaBeouf bad casting for "Mutt" in crystal skull, or was it just a bad character to try and have in an Indiana Jones movie?

Damn you. I'd forgotten that character was even in the film, and had made it to a point of remembering the movie more fondly for her absence. Now I'll have to wait to forget her all over again before the happy thoughts return.

Thankfully its a small role. But can't get the vision of her swinging her around ass around in circles in Charlie's Angels out of my head...

Last edited:
No one is going to bring up the nose that plays Kylo Ren? I busted out laughing when he removed his helmet for the first time in TFA. Wait, that's really the villain? I was so confused; we're supposed to be afraid of that?

Personally, I loved the choice for that reason. I viewed the moment that he removed the mask as the moment we were supposed to go "holy #%*^ - that's a KID!"

Most people loved Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained but i didn't (i think he was okay). Originally Calvin Candie supposed to be an older man and i would agree (Leo is such a babyface:D). Daniel Day-Lewis doing his Bill the butcher thing would have made awesome Calvin Candie (If only he hadn't done that role twice already:p).

Oh, but Zardoz is sooo much better with Sean Connery. Remember that it's about a society that's become so soft all the men have lost their virility. In order to procreate, they need to bring in a hyper-masculine testosterone bag in the form of a hairy, brutal killer - namely Sean Connery ... thatis, Sean Connery wearing a bandolier and a diaper. C'mon that image is iconic.

The only others I could imagine in the role would be James Caan or Burt Reynolds.

Edit: I'm going to add Charles Bronson (this would have been his Hard Times era)..

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back