World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/10/2016

With the level of skill you have painted the skin; I can't wait to see how the armor turns out.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/10/2016

I agree....... can't wait to see the armor painted..............

Progress pic of my Warcraft Orc costume showing some of the various stages to its current point ( at least in the build thread ). Next week I will be detailing the construction of his axe / shield, then it's on to armor painting!

JcRzfCdh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/11/2016

What you've done in 5 months is absolutely astonishing, we've seen some build here half as detailed take 3 times as long to complete. I can't wait to see this build finished and painted and slaughtering Alliance scum!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/11/2016

Everything looks so badass! I really like the red of the tabard. Gives some great contrast with the green and black.
Keep up the sick work!!

I'm not even a fan of Warcraft and this is the single greatest Orc I've ever seen,:D can't wait to see it painted.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/13/2016

This is awesome, and you said the "Leather is actually the skin from EVA foam? I'm wondering if the couple foam shops near me save it, I have a couple applications I could use it for.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/13/2016

Warcraft Orc Shield - My warrior grunt Orc is going to have an axe and shield ready to deal damage. The shield is carved from a single block of 3" thick foam and is approx 22x28". The final product was to make it look like 3 stacks of metal were bolted together with a wood insert. All of the carving was done with a Dremel and a sanding drum. Additional 3mm and 5mm craft foam and resin cast rivets were added for details. I teased some info about my Orc's clan with a pic of his axe on my Facebook page. But here I am definitely showing he is a member of the ruthless and bloodthirsty Warsong clan. They are recognized on the battle field with their grinning skull emblems. The skull face was cut out of 5mm craft foam and fake rivets were placed on the individual pieces. Again everything was battle damaged using the same Dremel.

jErjDgLh.jpg

z325KObh.jpg

e1WpsSNh.jpg

7jLzULzh.jpg

8czQZb7h.jpg

7V8v9KYh.jpg

YaVHE9Oh.jpg

WaBQiOEh.jpg

2Bnnallh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/14/2016

That wood texture is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I love following your WIPs; thanks so much for sharing your process.

I'll be at C2E2. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an imposing Warsong Orc. Seeing this creation in person would be awesome.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/14/2016

You're going to be an Orc Warrior but the work you're doing on this build makes you look like a mage bro!

Warcraft Orc Axe - The blade and body of the axe are both cut out of the 3" block foam. The blade was cut on the band saw and contoured on the belt sander. To keep the weight down I used a cardboard fabric tube from Joann's and wrapped that with 5mm craft foam to bulk it up. The spike on the back of the axe where my wife is holding it was just tacked on for scale it was later replaced by a piece that suited the look better. I built a small box out of craft foam and lined the back of it with white card stock. This box will house 6 red leds per side. The grinning skull was freehand cut from the same craft foam and it will be backed with a sheet of plexi glass. The plexi glass was sanded on the back to diffuse the glow of he leds. Additional craft foam, resin cast rivets, and chains were added to the handle for more detail.

xEV9scXh.jpg

rkrKKIyh.jpg

2sICTMDh.jpg

qflOFVZh.jpg

ovxgpWTh.jpg

kfPtYslh.jpg

5dw3bPAh.jpg

TmzMVY2h.jpg

tKFUYq3h.jpg

wmfOixBh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/15/2016

The axe and shield are looking great. Your scale is good so that they won't hide all of the other great work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back