Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 8/12/15

My full hunter armor set and Celestial Nighthawk mask at KCCC

16_zpsta1afpvk.jpg

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/24/15

I was wondering if you were planning on making any more cloaks? like maybe a shattered vault cloak or one of the legendary cloaks from year 2? if so how would you propose patterning a full length cloak?
I am planning to make my own Hunter cosplay. For my major in theatre costuming concentration I am making a hunter cloak and your page peaked my interest

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/24/15

I was wondering if you were planning on making any more cloaks? like maybe a shattered vault cloak or one of the legendary cloaks from year 2? if so how would you propose patterning a full length cloak?
I am planning to make my own Hunter cosplay. For my major in theatre costuming concentration I am making a hunter cloak and your page peaked my interest

I actually got the idea for my cloak pattern off of youtube. A girl was making a red riding hood costume and it worked for me.

Wow. Am genuinely so annoyed i've only just found this thread!! Started playing Destiny a few days ago and have been really really tempted by trying to make one of the helmets, your work is just so rad; you make it look too easy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, out of interest what sort of clay was it you used for those initial sculpts?? Did you just stick those moulded parts on after the drying process??

looks great nice work, if you get a spare five minutes could you walk me through how to achieve the weathered yellow for example best base coat and final coat. looking for an industrial worn yellow and yours hits the spot lol

Wow. Am genuinely so annoyed i've only just found this thread!! Started playing Destiny a few days ago and have been really really tempted by trying to make one of the helmets, your work is just so rad; you make it look too easy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, out of interest what sort of clay was it you used for those initial sculpts?? Did you just stick those moulded parts on after the drying process??

I used Monster Clay for the sculpt and yes I just stuck on the resin cast respirator pieces

looks great nice work, if you get a spare five minutes could you walk me through how to achieve the weathered yellow for example best base coat and final coat. looking for an industrial worn yellow and yours hits the spot lol

Yellow is by far the hardest color to paint and weather. I started off my using a rattle can of Krylon yellow paint as the base. I moped brushed mars black over the entire surface to beat it down some and get in all of the detail areas. Then multiple layers of heavy body liquitex acrylics dry brushed to build up on top of each other to get the final look. I used raw sienna, yellow ocher, Indian yellow and cadmium yellow

Currently building Hunter armor aswell... still in the template stage. what did you do for the backplate? i have a basic idea of it but just looking for some ideas/guidance

do
Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 1/13/2015

Got some work done on the chestpiece. The template was created by using bristol board on my own torso. I then transferred that to eva foam. The shape was glued together using barge cement and the additional armor build was applied in the same way.

chest2_zps1aadccfc.jpg

chest3_zps06f753cd.jpg

chest4_zpsbe8e9685.jpg

chest1_zpsd6a73211.jpg
you have this chestplate armor template beacuse i realy wanted to build this!:D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back