World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/23/2016

Warcraft Orc Muscle suit- Ok what you all have been waiting for the construction of the muscle suit! To start off I took an old long sleeve shirt and installed a zipper down the back for convenience. Then I plotted approx where the muscle groups would be on the duct tape dummy using craft foam. Because their arms are gargantuan to say the least I had to bulk up my arms and shoulders even before muscles were added. One and a half inch upholstery foam was attached to the chest arms and shoulders using 3m 74 spray adhesive. Once it had dried completely I went back in with Barge cement to make sure all of the edges were tacked down really good. I used a Dremel on the upholstery foam to smooth out the bulk. This step was extremely time consuming. I had to go very slow so that it didn't tear the foam. This was also the start to a losing battle with static electricity, the damn foam stuck to everythinggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JH9ZD6yh.jpg

evaCC2ph.jpg

NBNC4rFh.jpg

W2i2xv5h.jpg

u41b4GOh.jpg

O1aCl3ph.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/23/2016

With the muscles your hands and feet are looks much more into wow orc proportions.Orcs are not much taller than the other races but they are much more beefy.

I just finished the shoulder pad construction ( I will be showing it later in the week) and they really help balance out the top. Beefy is definitely what this guy is going to be :)

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/25/2016

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit - Once i have the arms bulked out I add an additional layer of upholstery foam on top and begin to build up the actual visible muscles. Just like the first layer this is attached to the foam using 3M 74 spray and Barge cement. I took anatomy in college as part of my art degree and it really helps to not only think about the bulk of the muscle but how the muscle looks when the skin is peeled back.

Wv3OCxRh.jpg

qbogTqWh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/26/2016

Awesome work as always Steven and you are motoring through it. Can't wait to see the head.

Best of luck,

Ham out.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/26/2016

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit - Continuing to bulk up the suit I add the additional foam to the other side trying to mirror the muscle groups. Again I trimmed off some of the excess foam away with Scissors and Personna blades. Then went to town smoothing everything down with the Dremel

lLSgZmrh.jpg

uE1K1nfh.jpg

D2pmSx8h.jpg

cmBZaidh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/29/2016

Warcraft Orc Shoulder pads - Now I get to spend some time making armor that will cover up half of the muscle suit I just made :) Ok, so we all know Warcraft shoulder pads. They have to be huge, and they have to have a great look since a large portion of the upper body is the armor. I referenced a couple of orc concepts from Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft. In the end I decided to combine some of the elements from each and make my own version. The shoulder pads are doubled up foam cut from 1/2"EVA and glued together using Barge cement. The trick to keeping the bend is to already have the top one bent into place and then lay the next layer in you can always cut off the excess. If you glue them together and then try to bend they will want to flatten back out. So I decided that my version will have the shoulder pad and then an additional shoulder guard the will be able to move when I raise my arms. The notch out was made so some big horns can come up from the shoulder guard. 1/2" beveled trim is added to the perimeter of the armor. This was cut down on my band saw and sanded on my belt sander.

uRgLBhwh.jpg

nTpyVfOh.jpg

LDegyzKh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/2/2016

Quality work. You're definitely nailing it. I took my fair share of anatomy when going into massage therapy and I thought that would be an asset, but in planning out a muscle suit, I'm having trouble determining how to scale back the amount of unnecessary detail that I know is floating around in my head. Could you maybe go a little further into the approach you took decide too much vs too little muscular definition?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/2/2016

Quality work. You're definitely nailing it. I took my fair share of anatomy when going into massage therapy and I thought that would be an asset, but in planning out a muscle suit, I'm having trouble determining how to scale back the amount of unnecessary detail that I know is floating around in my head. Could you maybe go a little further into the approach you took decide too much vs too little muscular definition?

That was an issue. The biggest thing I had to keep in mind was that the entire surface was still going to be covered with a "skin". I probably did go a little over board with the definition but being me first muscle suit I would rather it be to detailed versus not enough.

SKS, this is looking great. I can't wait to see your paint on it. I love your stylized paintwork.

On the subject of anatomy there's a series of works by an illustrator named George B. Bridgman. It's probably the best resource I know of for understanding muscle groups and surface anatomy. There's many different publications of his works and I think you can even find some of it online if you go looking. Hope that helps.

Warcraft Orc Shoulder pads - Spikes!!! Orcs have to be big, in my opinion green, and covered in spikes. The shoulder guards were made in the same way as the pads. The spikes were first roughed out of 3" thick foam using my band saw. Then I refined the shape with my belt sander and finally the dremel. I achieved all of the striation and details by using a combination of the dremel on the highest speed possible and a heat gun. All of these spikes created for the shoulder pads are 6" to 8" tall. Best part since they are foam the weight nothing!

6IZbBNHh.jpg

XSv5zsNh.jpg

h2MXABPh.jpg

i8f8zXDh.jpg

znMvYOkh.jpg

eUd81ZYh.jpg

GLAiLvrh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/3/2016

Gorgeous spikes. When reading the introduction to the most recent update I wasn't expecting them to be really nice organic looking horn-like spikes. They look great.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/3/2016

Warcraft Orc Shoulder Pads - The spikes are attached to the shoulder pads with barge cement. After I get all of them glued on I cut craft and 1/2" foam for the base of each spike so that they look like they are attached rather than just stuck on there. Then it's back to casting and gluing hundreds of little fake rivets.

uEHcJvKh.jpg

cijB3wXh.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back