Wonder Woman 1984

Hello guys! I'm starting to make the new WW costume...
Yeah. It looks MAAAD cumbersome.
Yea, it looks really rough to wear. I'd recommend making the whole torso bit, from groin to at least just above the chest, out of flexible padded material. thin clothing grade foam inside stretchy cloth maybe? Otherwise, you're gonna be standing all day, cooking like an oven, and wearing any contact point it has with your body absolutely raw.

Yea, it looks really rough to wear. I'd recommend making the whole torso bit, from groin to at least just above the chest, out of flexible padded material. thin clothing grade foam inside stretchy cloth maybe? Otherwise, you're gonna be standing all day, cooking like an oven, and wearing any contact point it has with your body absolutely raw.
Historically, full body armor like a Medieval/Renaissance plate harness had their torso armor stop at the natural waist which is a bit below the rib cage, as opposed to on the hips. This is so that the wearer can actually bend over and side to side. So, for this, you'd want to build in any articulation or use flexible materials starting there and go back to using rigid materials at around the hip bones.

Another Look!
ERUoHxFW4AcDmzP.jpg

Yea, I expect that costume to be a weak point in the film for me. Though, the trailer makes it seem like it's probably only in one set piece confrontation, and even then, probably without the wings for a good portion of it. Doesn't make me to concerned about the movie as a whole; I don't think the film's ultimate success or failure will be based around this costume.

If you look close it looks like it's not just once solid torso piece. At least in some pics it looks like some of the pieces are sliding over each other and even a little off center. Has a little bit of movement to it, not much, but some.

It looks like the type of design that works way better for comics/animation than live action. I'm hoping it's not her main attire for most of the movie.

Yea. That seems about right. That trailer mostly just confirms a lot of the film we haven't seen bits from is what we all pretty much expect it to be.

It'd be nice if this trailer got me more excited about the film, but it also hasn't turned me off from it. Though I doubt I'm their target audience anyways, so this trailer wasn't really many for me.

Yea. That seems about right. That trailer mostly just confirms a lot of the film we haven't seen bits from is what we all pretty much expect it to be.

It'd be nice if this trailer got me more excited about the film, but it also hasn't turned me off from it. Though I doubt I'm their target audience anyways, so this trailer wasn't really many for me.

As someone who is 100% in the target audience of this movie, I am really sad that I'm not more excited about it.

Eh. Continuity in this trailer bugs me. The US President's (?) talk started being displayed on a huge video screen over present-day Shibuya crossing, Tokyo, with the Shibuya Stream building (built in 2018) in the foreground .
Then the broadcast continues being viewed from a 1980's news room, with people wearing 1980's clothes, using a lot of 1980's IBM PCs. The broadcast is shown on computer monitors (that didn't show TV but it was possible to make an adaptor).
I spot one computer keyboard as a Reuters' stock-trading keyboard, manufactured from 1995-2005.

Eh. Continuity in this trailer bugs me...

Ah, but the DC universe is not our universe. So real world cities and buildings and materials are simply stand ins. So anything that happens in that universe is Ok, because it CAN happen there.

There's, no New York, No Chicago, No Tokyo.
Instead there's Metropolis, Gotham, and... err... Tokyo; but it's a different Tokyo.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I assume he's accomplishing the "screen" displays using the magic wish macguffin the movie seems to have. The building in Tokyo was probably just not a big enough issue for them to want to throw money at to CGI away.

But if a keyboard from the 90's in a movie about the 80's (that's just background props) is going to turn you off from a movie (a movie that has lightning riding magic lasso wielding super heroes), then I don't see how you watch anything at all. :p

Eh. Continuity in this trailer bugs me. The US President's (?) talk started being displayed on a huge video screen over present-day Shibuya crossing, Tokyo, with the Shibuya Stream building (built in 2018) in the foreground .
Then the broadcast continues being viewed from a 1980's news room, with people wearing 1980's clothes, using a lot of 1980's IBM PCs. The broadcast is shown on computer monitors (that didn't show TV but it was possible to make an adaptor).
I spot one computer keyboard as a Reuters' stock-trading keyboard, manufactured from 1995-2005.

Those monitors at point were amber or green. At best EGA, not even VGA. When VGA monitors showed up they were 256 colors max. Monitors couldn't handle full on video until into the 90's.

Can't believe that gold suit. It takes a certain kind of talent to take someone as beautiful as Gal and put her in a getup that removes nearly every trace of that beauty...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back