Wonder Woman 1984

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Strikerkc

Sr Member
Hello guys! I'm starting to make the new WW costume...
Yeah. It looks MAAAD cumbersome.
Yea, it looks really rough to wear. I'd recommend making the whole torso bit, from groin to at least just above the chest, out of flexible padded material. thin clothing grade foam inside stretchy cloth maybe? Otherwise, you're gonna be standing all day, cooking like an oven, and wearing any contact point it has with your body absolutely raw.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Master Member
Yea, it looks really rough to wear. I'd recommend making the whole torso bit, from groin to at least just above the chest, out of flexible padded material. thin clothing grade foam inside stretchy cloth maybe? Otherwise, you're gonna be standing all day, cooking like an oven, and wearing any contact point it has with your body absolutely raw.
Historically, full body armor like a Medieval/Renaissance plate harness had their torso armor stop at the natural waist which is a bit below the rib cage, as opposed to on the hips. This is so that the wearer can actually bend over and side to side. So, for this, you'd want to build in any articulation or use flexible materials starting there and go back to using rigid materials at around the hip bones.

Strikerkc

Sr Member
Yea, I expect that costume to be a weak point in the film for me. Though, the trailer makes it seem like it's probably only in one set piece confrontation, and even then, probably without the wings for a good portion of it. Doesn't make me to concerned about the movie as a whole; I don't think the film's ultimate success or failure will be based around this costume.

Egon Spengler

Master Member
If you look close it looks like it's not just once solid torso piece. At least in some pics it looks like some of the pieces are sliding over each other and even a little off center. Has a little bit of movement to it, not much, but some.

Bigdaddy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It looks like the type of design that works way better for comics/animation than live action. I'm hoping it's not her main attire for most of the movie.