Wonder Woman 1984

But it... doesn't, though?

So, now WW can fly with the lasso? Swing from lightning bolts with it? Those are never even remotely hinted at being in its capabilities in the first outing. They're just tossing on random abilities to an item that was established to only be virtually indestructible, and force people to tell the truth.

Apparently the writers really like Spider Man.

So, now WW can fly with the lasso? Swing from lightning bolts with it? Those are never even remotely hinted at being in its capabilities in the first outing. They're just tossing on random abilities to an item that was established to only be virtually indestructible, and force people to tell the truth.
Wasn’t she levitating and flying when she fought Ares in the first movie?
1605756064127.gif

Is this one getting any alternative release methods? Even under non covid conditions I wouldn't commit the time and money to go see this one in theaters; but I'd throw $15-$20 at watching it on my nice big TV at home.

Is this one getting any alternative release methods? Even under non covid conditions I wouldn't commit the time and money to go see this one in theaters; but I'd throw $15-$20 at watching it on my nice big TV at home.

Ummm...pretty sure it’s in this thread, and literally everywhere else...but yeah...

Every Warner release, starting with this, will be on HBO Max the day it comes out in theaters.

This will be for all their films through at least the end of 2021.

I haven't stepped foot in a theater since 2007 and never will again. I'm patient. I can wait until it hits home video and I can enjoy it at my leisure without being surrounded by ********.

Doesn't it look like the same little girl playing Diana as a child again? Hasn't it been a couple years since the last one? Wouldn't that kid have grown? Do you think they did some fakery there?

I don’t have much to say about this other than I’m still shocked at how charming and likeable Gal Gadot is as Diana. She’s a bright spot in these dull DC movies, even if the plot of the first one is a little simple/derivative. I don’t know when I’ll watch this but I’m definitely looking forward to it.

I just finished the movie and I really, really enjoyed it. My only quibble is
that I wish Diana had decided to renouce her wish without Steve pushing her into it
, but it's a relatively small thing in the scheme of things.

I still don't like the golden armor, but that mid-credits scene, though...

Great movie, looked awesome. Had some weird problems like
I just finished the movie and I really, really enjoyed it. My only quibble is
that I wish Diana had decided to renounce her wish without Steve pushing her into it
, but it's a relatively small thing in the scheme of things.

I still don't like the golden armor, but that mid-credits scene, though...
I had no problem with any of those things. What I had a problem with was them flying from DC to Egypt in the plane. So they just go into an archive of old planes, get one, and fly off. I doubt an archived plane would be full of fuel and I could be wrong, but I don't see a single jet fighter of the type that they take that can fly from D.C to Egypt non stop without fuel? That was hard for me to believe. I'll admit I know jack about fighter jets and their capabilities to cross oceans in one go. Also, again, I'm no expert on aviation and jet fighters, but neither of them had any need for oxygen masks to be on? Diana I can see, but ....

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'm going to be the first to say I was pretty disappointed... I really enjoyed the first movie, and was hoping for a strong second chapter. The first act was pretty good, and Gal and Chris still have great chemistry. But, the '80s schtick got old pretty quick, the plot was weak, the fight scenes were boring, and the cgi looked like it belonged in an NCIS episode.

And stuff like this just took me right out of the story:
Great movie, looked awesome. Had some weird problems like

I had no problem with any of those things. What I had a problem with was them flying from DC to Egypt in the plane. So they just go into an archive of old planes, get one, and fly off. I doubt an archived plane would be full of fuel and I could be wrong, but I don't see a single jet fighter of the type that they take that can fly from D.C to Egypt non stop without fuel? That was hard for me to believe. I'll admit I know jack about fighter jets and their capabilities to cross oceans in one go.

Steve may be a great pilot, but beyond the plane being 'ready to fly' and the realities of flying it across the Atlantic, no WWI pilot is going to hop in a modern aircraft and start the engines, much less fly it anywhere.

I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief, but theres just too much here... there are a number of ways they could have told that story line and made it more believeable, and I won't mention some of the other problems since they weren't in the previews. Yeah, I know it's a superhero movie, but it felt like a 2 1/2 hour saturday morning cartoon... and the armor at the end was awful.

Credits scene was great, though!

Gal is fantastic in this role, but this film could have been so much more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back