Wonder Woman 1984

I liked the trailer and look forward to the movie. I agree a couple of parts have be wondering what is going on but I look forward to discovering what it is all about.

Not really. Folks have gotten so use to the crap image manipulation in modern movies that when they see something not tinkered it looks odd. Compared to the first WW film this one just looks natural to me.

For me, it was more "as compared" to other dc movies, that have been black and muted. Movies have certainly been brighter and more colorful than it looks like this movie is. it's just a step in the right direction for a DC movie in my view.

Thank god for 'color'.. or what I'll call just letting us see the movie.

No more overly dark/themed movies... that do nothign but help hide bad CGI... or make you miss seeing any 'action' going on.

Maybe DC will take notice? and we wont have more doom -n- gloom visuals to keep the effects budget cheap. (sigh)

Last edited:
It's always a balancing act that few movies, especially ones with passionate fan bases, tend to get right.

I think it looks fun and I want to see it. I don't have huge expectations. I just want to be entertained. I mean honestly parts of it could be super dumb but as long as it's fun I can have a good laugh. It could end up being a surprise too like the first and I ended up enjoying it more than I expected to.

Damn all some of have done for years is bitch about DC movies being to dark and gritty. Now we have a bright movie that looks like it will be a little goofy and a good popcorn movie and all we can do is whine.

I don't care if a movie is dark and gritty or colorful, I care if it's good. DC movies, with very few exceptions, haven't been good. That's why people complain. I have no idea if this one will be good or not, but judging just by the trailer, it's all a bunch of marketing tactics that tells us nothing at all about what the movie is about. That's not a good sign.

I have no idea if this one will be good or not, but judging just by the trailer, it's all a bunch of marketing tactics that tells us nothing at all about what the movie is about. That's not a good sign.

You just described most trailers!

I don't need to know anything about the movies plot. It's the first trailer; all it has to do is tease people and prompt speculation online.

It looks fun, bright, 80's and has good tone of voice. It's doing it's job just fine.

Last edited:
To be honest...

The 'ride the lightning' with the lasso snippets,........seemed a little lame to me. :(

** another thing that stuck out to me (just from the trailer alone) was, how many 'trip/sweep' moves can there be?? haha

I really hate that they need to concoct a reason to have her share the spotlight with a love interest. The first scene in the trailer is her talking about being in love. I didn't like Captain Marvel but at least she was a loner. Did Captain America need Peggy to follow him into battle as a sidekick?

I agree there wasn't a single "OMG" moment. Even the music was pretty generic.

And what's the big deal out of her racking out a round from the 1911? I hope they're not trying to imply that she emptied the gun because all that does is rack the next round.

I got the impression that she was going to punch the bullet at someone...

It looks like it'll be fun. My wife & daughter will probably see it, I'll probably catch it at home.

I am getting over the 80's nostalgia, though. I think S3 of Stranger Things was my tipping point. While that had the most accurate 80's mall recreation I've seen yet, the trend has gone on enough that it's all just getting reused. It's almost 2020, time for the retro 90's! Crop tops, high wasted jeans, and flannels are starting to appear, soon the movies will follow. Captain Marvel was ahead of the curve, there.

If they want to be faithful to the late 70’s-early 80’s WW needs to beat up a gorilla.
0B22AAB0-1CDA-4816-A5A1-4452DED8E48C.gif

1510439A-0FB7-4605-9EEE-2D112DF2ACC2.gif
+1 for Gorilla action!
Then she has to fight Diane Fossey in a mechanical gorilla exo-suit. Sigourney Weaver reprises her role.

Axlotl , this has got to be the funniest comment I have ever read. I’m serious. With context or without, it is just freaking hilarious!

I wish I could make this happen in real life.

To be honest...

The 'ride the lightning' with the lasso snippets,........seemed a little lame to me. :(

** another thing that stuck out to me (just from the trailer alone) was, how many 'trip/sweep' moves can there be?? haha

Agreed that was just so stupid.
Nothing about the trailer made me want to watch this. I think it has that recurring problem that I have with the DC films, I just dont care about the characters at all and therefore have no interest in watching their films.
I have yet to see the first Wonder Woman film and this trailer hasn't exactly made me want to bother.
Sorry DC, no sale...again.

Hello guys! I'm starting to make the new WW costume and I looking for references...I'm making the new golden armor..here it is what I found
If you have any other plz share it!! Thanks
(it's kind of Saint Seiya armor o_O)

92268.jpg
IMG_20191208_163404.jpg
primer-poster-oficial-mujer-maravilla-2-wonder-woman-1984-1-e1559765876475-477x768.jpg
wonder-woman-1984-movie-trailer.jpg
wonder-woman-1984-trailer-dislikes-youtube.jpg
primer-poster-oficial-mujer-maravilla-2-wonder-woman-1984-1-e1559765876475-477x768.jpg

I know there are people who are excited for the gold armor, but I hate to say it, I'm just not one of them. It looks terrible to me. I know the production team has said that it's inspired by her Kingdom Come armor, but I just don't see it. To me, I look at that, and I see a rejected design for one of Barbarella's costumes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back