Wonder Woman 1984

It'd be interesting if they flipped the "fish out of water" roles from the first one. Steve (if it is really Steve) being someone from 1917 thrust into a more advanced 1984 and baffled by some technology, different phrases, clothing, social norms, etc. While Diana likely knows this world and it's tech fairly well by now.

Also, with how Steve's back... Hades? Anyone know more about his character in the comics? Maybe one god who survived Ares' attack?

It'd be interesting if they flipped the "fish out of water" roles from the first one. Steve (if it is really Steve) being someone from 1917 thrust into a more advanced 1984 and baffled by some technology, different phrases, clothing, social norms, etc. While Diana likely knows this world and it's tech fairly well by now.

Also, with how Steve's back... Hades? Anyone know more about his character in the comics? Maybe one god who survived Ares' attack?

I'm thinking it may be Hades. I think Steve's death was really well done and it was impactful. I'm very much looking forward to seeing Chris Pine again because he had wonderful chemistry with Gal Gadot. However, seeing as how he's not around in present time it makes me think that he is still dead. I can't see them killing him AGAIN in this movie which means it's most likely not him.

Wonder Woman 1984 pushed by 7 months. Release date moved from November 1, 2019 to June 5, 2020.

The first film had the same summer slot with June 2, 2017.

Wonder Woman 1984 pushed by 7 months. Release date moved from November 1, 2019 to June 5, 2020.

Interesting, I remember that Marvel vacated a summer date so WB might have seen their chance too. Also they might have wanted to get out of the way of SW9/Frozen 2/

I could be wrong but, if it's because they realized they need to dial back the morality play about "homophobia" in the AIDS era, then I'm all for it. I don't care about the release date as long as it's a good film.

I could be wrong but, if it's because they realized they need to dial back the morality play about "homophobia" in the AIDS era, then I'm all for it. I don't care about the release date as long as it's a good film.

I'm confused, what does that really have to do with the movie? Is this movie going to be about homophobia or something?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back