Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

So I was interested in various pieces of clothing in The Wolverine...A few I have listed in filmjackets.com for those who are members. I think I may have tracked down the brand of workboot Hugh wears for most of the movie. The irony would have it that they are Wolverine Plainsman workboots. I'm guessing from the distinct tan in the heal. Check it out.
463619-hugh-jackman-on-the-set-of-the-wolverine-filming-at-homebush-bay.jpg

462283-hugh-jackman-on-the-set-of-the-wolverine-filming-at-homebush-bay.jpg

5156dp1U3BL.jpg

I'm also very interested in knowing what kind of coat he is sporting in these shots as well...Its the same coat he was wearing as a hobo so looks like we may have our "film jacket"...

@Supernatural, he's wearing engineer boots like he wore in Origins in those shots, not harness boots. So far, I've counted 3 types of footwear he's wearing in this movie...The brown hobo engineer boots, (what looks to be) black cowboy boots with the funeral attire, and these Wolverine looking workboots.

More irony that he's wearing all brown in these shots ;) He's actually fighting ninjas on a rooftop and ends up on this machinery from the description that I got from the photos.

So I was interested in various pieces of clothing in The Wolverine...A few I have listed in filmjackets.com for those who are members. I think I may have tracked down the brand of workboot Hugh wears for most of the movie. The irony would have it that they are Wolverine Plainsman workboots. I'm guessing from the distinct tan in the heal. Check it out.
463619-hugh-jackman-on-the-set-of-the-wolverine-filming-at-homebush-bay.jpg

462283-hugh-jackman-on-the-set-of-the-wolverine-filming-at-homebush-bay.jpg

This other Wolverine boot was brought to my attention. I was off on the stitching :facepalm. Anyways, I think we have the winner, it's uncanny.

Wolverine-W02421_2_1.jpg

Has anybody else noticed that the claws look really different! The don't go up and wrap over the top of his hand anymore. It looks like it is just coming straight out of his hand right between his knuckles.

Anybody have any better pics of the new claws?

You're right, it's like that in every picture I see with his claws. I really hope they CG it over his knuckles like before. Maybe they're doing it for safety reasons because anybody who has worn the claws where it covers the knuckles, you know how bad it hurts. I also heard Hugh talk about how many times he's been stabbed with the older style ones when fighting with Liev in Origins. They look a little shorter in length as well.

This other Wolverine boot was brought to my attention. I was off on the stitching :facepalm. Anyways, I think we have the winner, it's uncanny.

Wolverine-W02421_2_1.jpg

Think you got your boots :thumbsup They make a good product, just bought a pair of Rocky Ironclad work boots, damn shame I didnt wait till these. Other then just Wolverines what model are they, look like the 6" Raider model..might get me a pair for X-mas.

Last edited:
Yep....Fully agreed on the boots..No doubts I'd say...

Since I was looking for a new pair of boots for Winter here this year I decided it might as well be Wolverine's and ordered the 6" Raider steel toe....Will be here in two weeks or so.....

I think Bub's spot on with those..Nicely found mate.

You're right, it's like that in every picture I see with his claws. I really hope they CG it over his knuckles like before. Maybe they're doing it for safety reasons because anybody who has worn the claws where it covers the knuckles, you know how bad it hurts. I also heard Hugh talk about how many times he's been stabbed with the older style ones when fighting with Liev in Origins. They look a little shorter in length as well.

I saw a shot that was obviously CGI claws and they did go up over his knuckles. There are just not enough HD reference shots out yet. I really hope they don't change the over the knuckles thing.

PS - the claws I made don't hurt your knuckles.

I saw a shot that was obviously CGI claws and they did go up over his knuckles. There are just not enough HD reference shots out yet. I really hope they don't change the over the knuckles thing.

PS - the claws I made don't hurt your knuckles.

What shot of CGI claws? The claws Hugh has in the pictures I show aren't CGI. I noticed in the first promo image thtat his claws go over his knuckles. Weird.

Has anybody not seen the group of over 50 set photos where I got this from of Jackman strutting his stuff against the ninjas? Do I need to put the link up?

What shot of CGI claws? The claws Hugh has in the pictures I show aren't CGI. I noticed in the first promo image thtat his claws go over his knuckles. Weird.

That is the one I am talking about... those are CGI claws... they look different and take a close look where the claws 'come out of his hands'.

Has anybody not seen the group of over 50 set photos where I got this from of Jackman strutting his stuff against the ninjas? Do I need to put the link up?

Yes please post a link.

Finally something I can help with instead of asking questions! Heron do the X-1 and Origins jackets and they are identical to what you see in the film.

Here are pics they sent me:

Fashion version:

055038.jpg

055041.jpg

Biker version:

194605.jpg

194728.jpg

Both look identical to me. There is also an eBayer who is a reseller of Heron jackets (though I am buying direct through Heron and talking to Jorge right now).

X-1

Origins

Hi everyone, my first post here but I've been avidly reading for a while and marvelling at all the great work and collective knowledge from everyone. I must say, this is one of the better forums I've seen in my years with such a great friendly atmosphere.

Anyway, I have recently been working out a costume for a party coming up and after rejecting my first idea due to cost and time available decided to go with Wolverine. Hey, if you're gonna dress up as someone it may as well be an actor the ladies like :)

Due to the time factor I've been acquiring bits and pieces off the net the last couple of weeks and I only came across this thread after I had ordered my jacket. Good fortune is on my side though as the jacket I ordered was from the X1 Heron reseller mentioned above by Dinky. Postage was relatively quick and the jacket itself looks excellent considering the price point. For costuming it is ideal and the measurements of the jacket are precisely what is quoted on their auction listing.

They were helpful to deal with and double checked my sizing before sending the jacket out to ensure there were no mistakes. I did request about custom sizing but they said they weren't doing that at the moment.

I have ridden motorbikes for years and have a top quality leather bike jacket and there is no comparison. I would not wear this jacket on my bike as it would not provide any protection so there is no doubt, this is purely a fashion jacket but then again that's what it is intended for and it fulfils that role perfectly.

Longer term I would like to purchase another Heron jacket to the same style only with the extra weight leather, the lining made of cotton rather than polyester, the main zip on the left side, not the right, and the sleeves about two inches longer. To me that would make the jacket just perfect and the extra thickness in the leather will make it sit even better and hold creases in the sleeves like a bike jacket would develop. Still, I would expect to pay more for that.

Probably the main deciding factor for me with this jacket (aside from the fact that it actually looks like the film jacket and not a 'close enough' version) was the colour of the leather. Mine appears a little darker than the ebay photos but still has a very nice colouration to the leather that gives it an aged appearance. It is a little shiny though for my liking and I'd prefer it to look more matt in appearance. Any tips on how best to achieve that? If it was a proper bike jacket I'd just throw it on the ground and kick it up and down the street a few times but that's not a good idea with this jacket :)

Thanks for all the great hints and tips here, you guys and gals rock!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back