Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Speaking of costumes, I got my claws in today. The guy must have been in a rush when he packed them because they were still tacky when I took them out of the packing peanuts.

As a result there are a few blemishes on the "blades" but I planned on sanding them down and repainting them anyway. Also the back part of the claws dont meet my hands correctly. so Im going to add some Milliput and get them just right before comic-con.

Going to the store to get smokes and after that I'll post pics of the almost completed costume.

1200959.jpg

The boots are wrong in this pic and Im also trying to lose a little bit of that beer gut before NYCC. Hope ya like, I have more pics in my build thread which can be found here http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-wolverine-build-updated-8-13-2012-a-156522/

Last edited:
spydrwebz -
The outfits looking pretty good, I would distress the tan parts of the jacket a bit but it's not really necessary.

Comedian03 -
Sorry about the jacket, there's probably not much you can do except wear it and repair it, and plan on getting a Vanson.

I know a lot of people out there are into the Weapon X tags, and I know there are a lot of people replicating them. I've worked on getting the shape, engraving, depths of the pads, and the levels of aging down to look the most accurate. I've also tried to make them as affordable as possible. Let me know what you guys think.

WeaponXdogtags3.jpg

Comedian03 -
Sorry about the jacket, there's probably not much you can do except wear it and repair it, and plan on getting a Vanson.
It's really not worth repairing, there's so many problems with it and quite a few seams pulling apart, it's just not worth the money to me. I certainly cant see this jacket lasting another year. It's shame, but it happens I suppose. I just hope Heron's new X-1 is a lot better made, and if the pictures are any indication than it will be.

I know a lot of people out there are into the Weapon X tags, and I know there are a lot of people replicating them. I've worked on getting the shape, engraving, depths of the pads, and the levels of aging down to look the most accurate. I've also tried to make them as affordable as possible. Let me know what you guys think.

WeaponXdogtags3.jpg

I Just ordered them :D I can't wait to get them.

Hello comedian, send the jacket back for repairing please. Our lining provider sold a bad quality lining, so that was the reason to leave them. Leveraging We will change the brooch, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regards

Hey guys, figured I'd post this here to see if anyone else is having some of the same problems with their X-1 from Heron, I'm getting more than a little annoyed at this point lol.

First, the brass hardware on the collar has started to rust, not too sure why, it just started over the last couple months and it was stored in a dry closet, not worn, not exposed to water at all.

And this one is kind of major, a pretty good sized tear on the arm pit of the jacket. The jacket sat in my closet for months not being worn once, and I took it out one night and put it on and as soon as I did the seam started to pull apart.

Those are the only pictures I could get before my camera died but other problems are the zippers aren't working properly, a few other seams are slowly starting to come loose, it's nearly impossible to keep this jacket conditioned, within a couple days it's already dried out again.

Upside is that I do like how the distressing turned out on the jacket, overall I like how the jacket LOOKS, just not how it's holding up.

Overall, I'm just not happy with it anymore, it was bought brand new in December, and it looks like a jacket that's been sitting in an attic for 15 years, and not in a good way lol. And it hasn't even been worn a whole lot, maybe 10 or 15 times at the most and never abused and it seems like every time I pick it up there's another problem with it. I regret getting it now and think that the money would've been better spent going towards a different jacket.

Hello comedian, send the jacket back for repairing please. Our lining provider sold a bad quality lining, so that was the reason to leave them. Leveraging We will change the brooch, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regards
Hey Jeggs, thanks for the response and the offer, I've always said one of the things I liked most about your company was your costumer service and how you interact with your customers. I'll send you a PM.

I'm going with the Origins version/look.

Got my Dog tag from MJF.
IMG_3185_2.jpg

Brass belt buckle.
IMG_3191_2.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

Even made my own belt.
IMG_3207.jpg

Found some leather "roper" style boots locally.
IMG_3225.jpg

My pro-type claws. Final sets will be "cold cast" resin.
IMG_3209_2.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

Will be ordering a Origins jacket from Dan at Logan's Closet.

VERY nice build and work so far, cant wait to see it all come together!

I love the look of your tags.Did you hit them with a wire brush?

Thanks mate,

I used a worn piece of 120grit sandpaper on the tag then ran a lighter underneath to get the black scorch mark. Gave it a light rub with paper towel to take the bulk of the "scorch" off and then gave it a light coat of clear acrylic spray paint.

Great looking belt.

The tag weathering came out great too.

For those interested who may have missed an earlier post, here is my weathering process:

I did mine using the gun care chemical called Aluminum Black. You have to disrupt the tag's surface first. I used steel wool, and lightly went across both sides from side-to-side (or which ever directions you want the scratches to go).

*It should be noted that whenever you use an abrasive on my tag, do not overdue it because you might rub through the silver layer and expose the brass underneath.

After that you rub on the AB and the whole tag will turn black. Rinse it in cold water. Then lightly use the steel wool to slowly remove the majority of the black to your desired taste.

Once again, here is mine.

12537-weathered-wolverine.jpg

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Well... I got my jacket. Sigh, I wish I could say I was happy with it but the fit is just not good. It's a gorgeous jacket but its absolutely huge in the shoulders, not to mention how pointed they are. I attached photos of the jacket (which looks better in these pictures than it does in the mirror) compared to my well fitting american eagle brown leather jacket and my black cafe racer soul revolver jacket. I think if 2" inches were taken out of each shoulder it would have the fit im going for, but as is I think Im going to have to return.

Picture9.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture6.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture4.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture7.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture8.jpg
[/IMG]
I love my heron origins I got it when it first came out I asked them the best size because it was through eBay for my build they said M I only have a 34 chest but I trusted the judgment as I've got a bit bigger it fits but not the way I want it I'm considering getting it adjusted but need to look at how much it would be and what it could do to it

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

I love my heron origins I got it when it first came out I asked them the best size because it was through eBay for my build they said M I only have a 34 chest but I trusted the judgment as I've got a bit bigger it fits but not the way I want it I'm considering getting it adjusted but need to look at how much it would be and what it could do to it

I am only 5' 8" and 158lbs and I wear a Small heron. It was a custom order though so they have all my measurement. Im sure the Medium is way too big for you. It may cost you a lot to have it tailored (at least $75 but probably more in the $150 range depending on how crazy you go), in which case it may make more sense to order a new custom jacket from heron and sell yours. I'm still very happy with their quality and the way its broken in and aged over time so I think it would be a worthy investment either way.

gas anyone ever mad a replica of wolverine uniform from the first 1 not 2-3 with the x on the chest but the uniform he wears at the end of 1? also how easy do you think it would be to have a heron XO jacket adjusted obviously the stripe goes all the way around the back?
also do the zips on the chest zip up or down
x-men_origins_wolverine_movie_image_hugh_jackman.jpg
<<< this image looks like the zippers go down to do up the pockets

I'm a big fan of the X-men 1 suit myself and would love to see a high quality version made one day.

The only one I've seen is this one from a few years back-

Attachments

• Picture004-1.jpg
    Picture004-1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
That's the suit from 2 and 3. I really wanna see a X1 suit done.

Nick

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-02-20-20h58m16s118.png
    vlcsnap-2012-02-20-20h58m16s118.png
    456 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I have a question about belt width. When looking at blanks, I see 1-1/2" and 1-3/4" widths. The belt is typically 1/16" narrower to fit buckles, etc. I found the Sitting Bull buckle and it says it accepts a 1-1/2" belt. Where is anyone finding a 1-5/8" belt and fitting it into a buckle that accepts 1-1/2" (1.4375") belts? Sorry, but my forte is over-analyzing stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back