My Wolverine build updated 8-13-2012 new pics pg. 2 95% complete

spydrwebz

Have been lurking on the forums for quite awhile now and finally decided to start my own costume build after seeing so much talent here.

For right now, all I have are pictures of what Ive bought.Should be receiving them by the end of the week but please let me know what you guys (and girls) think so far.

I opted for a Wested jacket because I got it on ebay for cheap.Tomorrow Im going to my local Tandy Leather store and I will see if I can find someone to add the correct back panel on it.

wolverinejacket.jpg

I also bought an Indian Chief belt buckle in pewter and will be hand painting it. Here's a pic of what Ive got on order.
chiefp.jpg

For the jean jacket Logan wears underneath the leather I ordered this. Its not a Helmet Lang but the cut seems to be right and it has the silver buttons.

jacketoj.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Wolverine build

I also ordered an awesome set of dog tags from MaraJadesFather here on the RPF.
wolverinedogtags.jpg

As well as the correct Levis 527 dark wash jeans.
levisn.jpg

And these claws.
wolverineclaws.jpg

Still have a bit of shopping left to do to get the black thermal shirt and the red paisley shirt that goes on top as well as the boots but I think Im off to a good start.

When everything comes in at the end of the week Ill post more pics. Thanks for the looking at my thread and as always I appreciate your comments and criticisms.

Just picked up a flannel shirt that looks close and a black thermal shirt. Just need to get the boots (Im looking at engineer boots) and to find someone who can make me the belt. Please send a pm if you can help me out or know someone who can.

Thanks

Looking good so far!

Thanks so much! The seller of the original belt buckle just got in touch with me and the pewter is out of stock so I'm getting this one instead.
chiefjj.jpg

I think its more accurate anyway.Does anyone have any high res photos of the belt buckle from x-1 they would be willing to share?

Last edited:

Just got my Wested jacket in today as well as my Levis 527 jeans and both of them fit perfectly. I think the reason this jacket is getting a bad rap is because people that are 6'2 and lean are trying to to get the jacket to fit them the way it fits Hugh Jackman and thats just not possible.

Tell me what you think. Can I pull this off?
1200903.jpg

1200896.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Wolverine build New pics added!!!!

haha you look awesome rob when is the buckel coming , it is a good thing you got the bronze one instead now you do not have to paint up the face

Buckle and the claws will hopefully be here by Friday. I scored a shirt today thats almost an exact match to one of the screen worn shirts in X1.Its the one hes wearing right after the cage match in the bar, will try to post more pics tomorrow. Thanks for the kind words.

As promised here are a few more pics. I got the dog tags in today from marajadesfather and they are perfect. Heres a pic after a little weathering. I used superdrool's trick and burned them with a lighter to add a little carbon and age.

1200907.jpg

Sorry if the picture is a little blurry.

I also got in the jean jacket and snapped a photo of the shirt I found.

1200909.jpg

Heres a close up picture showing the dog tag and the shirts all together. I'm still waiting on the belt buckle and the claws.

1200910.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the compliments from everyone they really give me the boost I need to stay on focus and get all of this together. Tomorrow night I hope to have pics of the belt buckle painted then all Im waiting on are the claws from Hawaii and a decent pair of black cowboy boots that dont rub my enormous calves :)

Here's a closeup of the shirt used in the bar fight scene compared to my shirt. Its hard to see in these photos but the shirt I found has some blues and green in it as well.The pattern is definitely off but all the colors are there and I feel that its close enough.

wolverinejacketx1001659.jpg

1200909.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back