Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I contacted him before and just sent him a PM now. The pics look great. Just was wondering if anyone here got a hands on review of the latest updates! :)

The pictures I posted on page 44 are of my Heron X2 with some of the updates!

Also I havent been real active in awhile in this thread I did a spur of the moment costume for a party and cut my hair soo havent done Logan for awhile. Heres the pic of the Costume... Soap from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

SoapNGhost.jpg

Last edited:
Since it is now into their holiday period, i do not expect to hear anything till January.

I do not know why this is so hard. Seriously, I should have had a quote a week after I submitted the artwork months ago. I mean I do understand I am asking for something they have never done before but it is almost like we are sending notes by carrier pigion...WTF! And the fact that the other company has not returned either of my two messages. I guess we all need to be in the pin manufacturing business because apparently they are doing so well, they can turn down work.

Sorry, just a little pi$$ed off. :darnkids

Sorry to hear that that the contacts for the tags have damn near fallen through. Seems like they are avoiding you like the plague. :lol Maybe try a different avenue for tags here in the states?
I've seen a lot of this here in this thread from vendors actually. But more understanding about Heron's issue as they have a set timeframe for ordering custom jackets. But I also think the Heron X2 is now part of their standard line up. You have to email them to order any of the X-Jackets as they won't post it to their site due to the past issues.

So i am looking forward to seeing Herons X-1 Jacket. I have decided to keep my X-2 even with the issues i have with it. The X-1 will have to be my perfect jacket.

From what I've been told by Jorge, this has made there line up. But since you just told me that there is still a wait...I'm no longer sure. I guess they are still not ready to officially add the jacket just yet. Seems like they are still either unhappy with the current pattern or they are still haunted by past issues. I'm in the dark about this as everyone else.

Yeah, I left a couple PM's to Jorge a couple months ago and still no answer. :/
But I believe the original jacket as well as stunt jackets to be medium weighted cowhide that had been hand distressed darker, as there are hints on certain areas that it was originally lighter brown, and the left missing arm stripe was further distressed to show almost no color at all, virtually matching the dark tan stripes. A firenze leather, if you will. Wested seems to have got the thickness and weight down, where Heron is lacking. But Heron is willing to work to change and update the patterns to make them more correct. I just don't have the time these days to constantly shoot emails to aid in the refinement. It would literally take weeks to get it right just for one jacket, and they seemed interested in getting the rest of them going for a complete Wolverine line going. But seeing as they are in their peak season for pumping out set patterns, it will have to wait til Feb/Mar timeframe to hash all this out.

Hey guys, I just got my Heron X-1 the other day so I figured I'd show you guys a few pictures of it. I was really impressed when I got it and my only complaint is that the sleeves are quite big, they're a tad too long, and really wide so I'll be getting them tailored as soon as I can so it fits better.

These first two pictures were taken the day I got it. Real authentic Canadian snow suits the Wolverine jacket perfectly lol.

And these pictures were taken today after I showered with it on and wore it while it dried, I also took a really fine sandpaper to some of the high traffic areas to give it some wear.

All in all this is an amazing jacket for the price, and the only thing stopping it from being perfect in my eyes would be the sleeves.

X-1 looks great however the waist stripe needs some work. As well as the sleeves, I believe the cuffs look too wide when its zipped up. Other than that it looks pretty damn good

Yeah, Jorge and I need to hash out the details on the X1. I can give him screen caps as well as the actual inhand stunt jacket from X1, those pics were taken by Rick over at fj.com. He had the rare opportunity to have it sent to him to inspect, review and handle in person. I've since collected most of those images on my hard drive, but if you're a member of fj.com you can see them here:
• Login

One of the screen used stunt jackets. In the last image you can see the slit that the stunt ratchet had to be fed through, and was torn and stitched back up. This jacket was most likely used in the snowfight with Sabretooth.

x-men_wolverine-001.jpg

x-men_wolverine-002.jpg

x-men_wolverine-003.jpg

Last edited:
There are tons more in that thread that explain the holes and even the Helmut Lang jean jacket Hugh wore in the film that has the same slit for stuntwork.

Because it is. The X1 isn't a thick cowhide. It was more of a (mid) firenze weight, which is is between a fashion and competition weight. I believe it was due to the layering that Hugh wore to maintain the manueverability/comfortability when acting. You will notice that from X2 on, there is no extreme layering with a jean jacket. Only a hoodie and (Carhartt Artic vest in deleted scene) in X3.

Well that really sells it for me. I never understood how he got so much movement out of the jacket till now. Does Dan make his from thick leather? Herons looks pretty spot on as far as the Fit goes sans the sleeve issues.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back