Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I noticed that you're in NJ. I'm just across the water in NY. I have found this jacket to be really warm in this weather. Can't wait to hear your opinion after you've worn it around a while.

I noticed that you're in NJ. I'm just across the water in NY. I have found this jacket to be really warm in this weather. Can't wait to hear your opinion after you've worn it around a while.

I've been wondering the same thing. It wasn't terribly cold today, and I was very comfortable in the jacket. When we get our inevitable two degree week, I don't know how much support it would give, but will certainly give it a try. I may try to find something to wear underneath as reinforcement when it gets horribly cold out there.

I've been using hoodies of various thickness and my XO Logan logger vest underneath. Kind of an amalgamation of the X3 deleted bar scene of him wearing the Carhartt Arctic vest and when he wore the hoodie talking to Rogue about the cure. So as long as you have you neck, face and hands covered (along with thermal underwear if needed) then you should be fine in any weather sporting your X2. ;)

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I posted. I've been wearing my heron X2 a lot but I'd still like to loosen up the leather a bit more. I had heard something once about putting it in the dryer on no/low heat with some tennis balls to break it in. Is that correct?

What about applying a leather treatment like pecards or something? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have to post pics of the awesome X1 belt Tony made me, so I'll try to post something soon.

P.S. Don't forget to get on the list for a pair of screen accurate origins claws! 8 slots left I believe :)

http://www.therpf.com/f13/russrep-machined-x-men-origins-claws-updated-price-123534/

Hey 1BAT4U,

Is it really that stiff? If you wear it in the rain a couple of times that will help. A lot of guys on FJ.com really know their stuff, so you might want to pay them a visit.

Regarding leather treatment: I can only say that you want to be careful about applying too much, otherwise the leather might take more time to patina.

But since you and Superdrool's have the same type of hide, maybe he has some tips for you. Once you get it worked out, please post some pics if you can!

Hey 1BAT4U,

Is it really that stiff? If you wear it in the rain a couple of times that will help. A lot of guys on FJ.com really know their stuff, so you might want to pay them a visit.

Regarding leather treatment: I can only say that you want to be careful about applying too much, otherwise the leather might take more time to patina.

But since you and Superdrool's have the same type of hide, maybe he has some tips for you. Once you get it worked out, please post some pics if you can!

Well I wouldnt really call it stiff. Its just still kind of "new". I can tell its a very nice leather. But I just want to be more floppy and that nice patina. I always thought pecards sort of added to that look. I have an american eagle cow hide jacket that when it was new was very light in color and very stiff. Over the years I have dyed it with black shoe dye and have used pecards on it many times which has resulted in an awesome aged look and now it almost feels like a wind breaker to wear because it is so broken in. I would love to get my X2 in the same ball park but without waiting 6 years.

I'll check out filmjackets to see if there are any suggestions. Dan, are you around? Your distress jobs always look great.

Well I wouldnt really call it stiff. Its just still kind of "new". I can tell its a very nice leather. But I just want to be more floppy and that nice patina. I always thought pecards sort of added to that look. I have an american eagle cow hide jacket that when it was new was very light in color and very stiff. Over the years I have dyed it with black shoe dye and have used pecards on it many times which has resulted in an awesome aged look and now it almost feels like a wind breaker to wear because it is so broken in. I would love to get my X2 in the same ball park but without waiting 6 years.

I'll check out filmjackets to see if there are any suggestions. Dan, are you around? Your distress jobs always look great.

Not sure what kind of leather yours is made of but when I got my Heron X1 I wore it in the shower, hung it up and let it drip dry for about 2 hours, then I wore it again until it was completely dry, wore it like that for a few days and tried to over exaggerate my movements (Bending my arms while driving, things like that), then I applied some leather conditioner to it and it's broken in a lot and is nowhere near as stiff as when I first got it which wasn't even a month ago.

Here's a link to my thread on FJ.com showing a lot of pictures of my jacket from the day I got it up until yesterday showing how much it's broken in.
http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4065

Great, it sounds like you already have some experience in this area. Also, there is a member on FJ.com who really did a great job on a lower end version of the Cyclops jacket. The before and after pics are really impressive; you might want to check it out. It's under the "X3: The Last Stand Scott Summers/Cyclops Jacket" thread, last couple of pages. It might give you some ideas.

I wanted to share more Wolverine wear info as I just acquired a jacket from the same make/model.
Stills showing the screen worn Helmut Lang:

X1-015.jpg

X1-016.jpg

X1-018.jpg

X1-014.jpg

Screen used jacket with holes cut for the stunt ratchet:

x_men_jacket_11.jpg

x_men_jacket_12.jpg

x_men_jacket_13.jpg

And mine that I recently acquired:

Last edited:
wtf??!! Ugh...I had explained and linked photos and never came back to see what made it after the submission. Apparently most of everything I added never made it for some reason. I have no idea how that happened, that some of the info made it and ALL the linked image were dumped.
Huge face palm...
I'll try it again later. *sigh*

WHEW!!!! There, I reloaded and solved the problem...for now.

Last edited:
wtf??!! Ugh...I had explained and linked photos and never came back to see what made it after the submission. Apparently most of everything I added never made it for some reason. I have no idea how that happened, that some of the info made it and ALL the linked image were dumped.
Huge face palm...
I'll try it again later. *sigh*

WHEW!!!! There, I reloaded and solved the problem...for now.

Awesome jacket Tony. I plan on picking one of these up myself eventually. Maybe I'm wrong but the sizing looks like it might be a little weird because it looks to fit you perfectly in the body, but the sleeves look quite big, or maybe it's just the way it looks in the picture. What size is yours?

If you look at either arm, the sleeve wrinkles differently due to the leather watchband on my right wrist is pushing up the cuff, creating all those wrinkles to make it seem to fit oddly. But there is room, not too much to make it baggy.

Awesome find drool!

So I spent some time this weekend working on my jacket, trying to soften it up and distress it some more. First off, I got it wet again, wore it for a while then let it dry. Second, I treated the whole jacket with pecards leather dressing. After that set in I took some fine wet sand paper and just went over the wrinkles while wearing it, which at the same time took some of the brown color from the jacket and darkened the sleeve suede which has made it look a LOT more screen accurate. I definitely like it way more like this.

Here are some photos of how it looks now, with a comparison to how bright it was when I first got it. Enjoy

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

If you look at either arm, the sleeve wrinkles differently due to the leather watchband on my right wrist is pushing up the cuff, creating all those wrinkles to make it seem to fit oddly. But there is room, not too much to make it baggy.

Ok I see what you mean by looking at the other sleeve. What size is yours Tony? I'm just curious for future reference when I pick one up because we look about the same size, I think I'm a bit taller but in the body we look to be about the same size. Damn now I'm regretting not picking that one up on eBay for $25 lol.

Awesome find drool!

So I spent some time this weekend working on my jacket, trying to soften it up and distress it some more. First off, I got it wet again, wore it for a while then let it dry. Second, I treated the whole jacket with pecards leather dressing. After that set in I took some fine wet sand paper and just went over the wrinkles while wearing it, which at the same time took some of the brown color from the jacket and darkened the sleeve suede which has made it look a LOT more screen accurate. I definitely like it way more like this.

Here are some photos of how it looks now, with a comparison to how bright it was when I first got it. Enjoy

Wow that looks awesome man! There's a huge difference from how it looked when you first got it. Reminds me a bit of SuperDrools actually.. I was never a fan of the X2, I actually always hated it but Tony's was the first to kind of tip my opinion in the other direction as his looks awesome, and now seeing yours, well that just gave me the final push to liking this jacket lol. Brand new, I think they look awful, mainly because of how bright the yellows are, but once they're worn in and distressed, damn they look nice jacket. Congrats man.

Wow that looks awesome man! There's a huge difference from how it looked when you first got it. Reminds me a bit of SuperDrools actually.. I was never a fan of the X2, I actually always hated it but Tony's was the first to kind of tip my opinion in the other direction as his looks awesome, and now seeing yours, well that just gave me the final push to liking this jacket lol. Brand new, I think they look awful, mainly because of how bright the yellows are, but once they're worn in and distressed, damn they look nice jacket. Congrats man.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. And I totally agree with you, except for the fact that the X2 has always (hands down) been my favorite of all of Wolverine's jackets. I don't even have a desire to own any of the others. But yes, new this thing is LOUD. I loved how on screen you can barely tell the jacket even had stripes, it's so subtle. Thats what I wanted with mine. Im not sure I ever would have finally bought an X2 though if I hadn't come across a photo of Drool's jacket which led me to this thread.

I'm going to just leave the waist and underarm suede to distress naturally (since it already has quite a bit). The only thing my jacket needs now is just that rich patina that HJ's has on screen. I wonder if another pecard's treatment would help with that. I'm also playing with the idea of removing the arm stripe soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back