WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

Bandiet, RevolverOcelot has great eyes for detail and no offense to him but I wouldn't put those notches in the ear. They would be nothing but a headache to pep in. They would be much much easier to cut in when the ears are hardened by what ever method people will use..

THE FLAMES OF DAMNATION BE UPON YOU, JUDGE SPARTAN!!!
Or not.
No offense taken. A very valid point.

Eventually started the Pep trial build. Built the left ear section and barring one valley fold that should have been a mountain fold ( not sure what happened there, but will have to figure it out before releasing the file )... it went quite well.

uploadfromtaptalk1410731639731.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410731670037.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410731693283.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Looks awesome so far!
Came across this video...http://vimeo.com/106064260
At around 1:10, you see AK in the cockpit of a helicopter. Now, I'm not sure, but either the copter's instruments are being reflected onto his face piece or his face piece under lights with tactical data (kind of like the close up shots of Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man flicks).
Again, more details you probably don't need, just putting them out there for interest sake.

hello ! im looking forward to make the knight u have the pep files of the gauntlet?? thanks for the time

Hi... I have only modelled the helmet at this stage and to be honest, I'm not too sure when / if I'll be getting to do a pep version of the armour.

I'll see how the helmet turns out and decide from there.

Keep an eye out... I'll make the file for the helmet available as soon as I've completed the trial pep build and ironed out any issues.

Looks awesome so far!
Came across this video...http://vimeo.com/106064260
At around 1:10, you see AK in the cockpit of a helicopter. Now, I'm not sure, but either the copter's instruments are being reflected onto his face piece or his face piece under lights with tactical data (kind of like the close up shots of Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man flicks).
Again, more details you probably don't need, just putting them out there for interest sake.

Thanks... the tweaking and adjusting is somewhat frustrating, but the model is serving it's purpose, learning new things on Blender every day.

I'll have a look at the video clip once I'm in front of my computer... my video player on my phone is stuffing around for some reason.

I think there's going to be a lot of guessing going on until some more screen shots are made available... almost all of the reference pics I've found have been very dark and vague, which makes the character more intriguing I suppose... damned marketing people, lol.

Thanks for the info... every bit helps.

Attached are pics I found that may be the same lights that you are referring to.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410760686290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410760686290.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 358
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410760721559.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410760721559.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 238
I think that the whole helmet is a big lens but you can still see from the eyes, maybe its so he can see everything around him, I don't know its just an opinion.

I do like the idea of the helmet being one solid piece without the eye holes... the 3D prints that I've seen done that way look awesome.

I've started getting ready to put a vacuum former together, so maybe a solid tinted face shield / helmet will happen some day...

Input and opinions are welcome... always good to see things from another perspective.

Hey Bandiet, how long have you been working with blender? I want to try my hand at modeling some simple/not overly complex projects I have in mind but a lot of the tutorials i have found online aren't that clear or have been hammering in the same basic concepts over and over again (which i guess is the best way to learn but i want one of those "become a master in 30 seconds" type of training lol), I was just curious how you are learning the software because so far you've been doing a great job!

Ok... got some great news for those who are interested in the pep file. DarkJester has kindly offered to tackle the unfold and scaling side of this project... so you won't still have to wait for me to wrap my head around that.

This is as far as I'll be going in terms of the pep file. Some of the new additions just need to be attached to the main object and some cleaning up to do, then I can send this off to DarkJester.

@ RevolverOcelot - take a look at those ears bud, lol. I might just make the indents a bit shorter and spread them out a bit. Thanks again for your input.

uploadfromtaptalk1410903400846.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410903418935.jpg

yep, im on it, as soon as it hits my email ill take it apart, put it back together in 4D shine it up real nice and send it back to Bandiet to release to you guys

Hey Bandiet, how long have you been working with blender? I want to try my hand at modeling some simple/not overly complex projects I have in mind but a lot of the tutorials i have found online aren't that clear or have been hammering in the same basic concepts over and over again (which i guess is the best way to learn but i want one of those "become a master in 30 seconds" type of training lol), I was just curious how you are learning the software because so far you've been doing a great job!

Thanks for the compliment, I've been using Blender on and off for about 8 months now... but this is the first time that I've actually tried to complete a model.

The online tutorials do help, but I found that often the guy presenting the tutorial moves along pretty fast, so I end up watching the video over and over... and even then I struggle to get it right.

So far the best tutorial I've had is this build... just playing around with the modifiers and seeing what happens.

I've only touched on the basics and still have a whole lot to learn, but I enjoy it, so once this model is done and dusted I'll be moving on to another and hopefully keep improving my modelling skills.

Sorry... searched high and low for the " Become a master in 30 seconds " tutorial... no luck. LOL.

There we go... the model is now done and unless DarkJester notices anything that needs to be changed or fixed, this is essentially what the final product looks like.

uploadfromtaptalk1410961604275.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410961628097.jpg

I would like to thank all of you for your support and motivation with this project... as a amateur modeler and this being my first completed project, it has really helped a lot to have your input...

I know the model is not 100%, but given the release date for the game, I have some time to work on my skills and hopefully be able to revisit this project and get a higher quality file modelled.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back