Wip: 1:1 landspeeder build

Looking good, how does it work? will it run like a car or like a go kart or will it just be static?

I am going to put a Three wheel golf cart under it, that is going to be a little time consuming, the golf cart will need to be stretched a little, and controls moved over to right hand drive, I'm going to put a flexible mirrored skirt on it at an angle in hopes to make look like it is floating. Should be pretty cool!!!
Thanks for checking it out!!
AL

Yeah, so where did you get the body? Does someone sell them here? Would love some info on getting one.

I got the body from the same person that Wayne did, those guys had a build thread a while ago. I will contact the guy and let you know if he is into doing another one. It was quite pricey, and then I had to get it shipped to me. UPS was $1200.00. just for shipping.
I will let you know

A terrific piece of work mate and I look forward to seeing how you resolve the golf-cart and the mirrors..

When I was at Steve Sansweet's recently I noticed he had a Landspeeder shell lying outside the museum at Rancho Obi-Wan. It was pretty trashed - I must remember ask him the story behind it…

Congratulations

Regards

MARK

Great work so far...

It looks like Ron sent you one of the bodies that he had already routed the lines into. When I got the original pull from the molds (which I later sold to Wayne) routing those lines back in was a pain in the rear. They were present on the original sculpt, but had been puttied in for molding.

Great job on the paint and striping as well...

FYI...I had stretched the EZ-go cart frame by 18 inches, and that seemed to work really well.

Oh...And welcome to the club. :)

Jason

Great work so far...

It looks like Ron sent you one of the bodies that he had already routed the lines into. When I got the original pull from the molds (which I later sold to Wayne) routing those lines back in was a pain in the rear. They were present on the original sculpt, but had been puttied in for molding.

Great job on the paint and striping as well...

FYI...I had stretched the EZ-go cart frame by 18 inches, and that seemed to work really well.

Oh...And welcome to the club. :)

Jason
Thanks so Much Jason, I may PM a question or two as I go!!
Thanks for compliments, That paint is Rattle can if you can believe it.
Speak to you,
AL

I will be watching this thread! Want to see how the golf cart works out. Looking to do a scaled up Kenner Ecto 1 on a golf cart frame.
Great work!

I attempted a speeder on a cut down fiero..the lowest profile vehicle I could find and still retain some of the proportions. However I believe your project is the better way to go for authenticity etc :)
thelandspeederlives002.jpg

great job where are you going to put it?
Its going to live in my Garage, Or our studio where I'm working on it.
Almost finished with the exposed motor, will post some pics in a day or so.
Thanks everyone, I should move pretty fast so this thread won't drag on!!
AL

Very cool. But where the frak do you put it to display it?
"...and over here next to my vintage 67' Stingray, I have Luke's ride I won from Barret Jackson, complete with number's matching turbines and power converters."

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back