Wip: 1:1 landspeeder build

can you tell me what two main hull the colours are please, especially the lighter one, i can never work out in my head what im looking at.

you have progressed really quickly with this, and i know its a LOT of work

very well done.

-z

can you tell me what two main hull the colours are please, especially the lighter one, i can never work out in my head what im looking at.

very well done.

-z

Hey Z,
Tomorrow when I am working on it I will take picks of the colors and names for you, I think they are pretty dead on depending on what picture you are looking at.
Check it tomorrow.
I stripped that cart to bare bones today more pics tomorrow, my arms are killing me from cutting!!!
See you tomorrow,
AL

very well done.

-z

Hey Zorg,
OK the hull colors are Valspar, Terracotta , and Valspar red primer, First I sprayed alot of the speeder Silver and taped off my scratches then sprayed the Valspar Terracotta and right after I hit it with a light mist of flat white to lighten it up a bit and give it that worn in some spots look, here are a couple of pics of the paint itself.
Hope this helps,
All my best,
AL
landspeederpaint1.jpg

landspeederpaint2.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend Update:
I completely stripped the cart to the frame, purchased some thinner wheels and tires so they sit under the speeder a little more, I figured out how to change over the steering system with as little modification as possible, so I will start the stretch next week and the weekend.

Last edited:
Hey Zorg,
OK the hull colors are Valspar, Terracotta , and Valspar red primer, First I sprayed alot of the speeder Silver and taped off my scratches then sprayed the Valspar Terracotta and right after I hit it with a light mist of flat white to lighten it up a bit and give it that worn in some spots look, here are a couple of pics of the paint itself.
Hope this helps,
All my best,
AL

ahhhh, thanks for the info. now i can see teracotta, i just couldn't work out what colour it was.

i was planning doing a droid head paint up using these two star warzee colours.

you work really really fast btw!

many thanks :thumbsup

-z

Well its been a couple of weeks and finally got the Speeder sitting nicely on the stretched cart frame, very time consuming, and changing every thing over to right hand drive was a bear. It sits nice I still want to lower the rear about 3 inches so it sits level. all electronics are in and just waiting on 3 more new batteries, those aren't cheap. Also have the flex mirror and rubber on its way for the skirt, here it is as of tonight with my son Stone at the wheel.

Last edited:
Nice job! I had a great time driving in Wayne's at CV. The sound system I designed for it gave it a bit of 'realism'. I like what you did with the cockpit. :thumbsup

I am waiting for someone to get an original Jensen interceptor back window to use for the speeder windshield! At least you could say you used an original part.

Hey Jim, why don't you get one on order and we'll use it for our landspeeder project ;) hehe..

AWESOME job on the landspeeder btw!! I'm dying to do one of these myself.

The speeder was finished about two weeks ago I just want to take some killer pics and a short video of it driving, but here is a shot we did for my sons Birthday cake!!
Video coming soon.
Al

Last edited:
every since the XB 38 came out they say those landspeeders aren't in demand... Did you prove them wrong! Great work. Fantastic piece.

1:1 landspeeder build Finished !!!!!

All Done, Well always more to do But here are some Pics with my Static R2 unit!! Video to come of it Driving. Drove it around today, Drives great!!
Messed around with a full skirt but Seemed to much when it already has a lot of air under it so Just used some flex Mirror around each wheel looks pretty good, If only I could get it to float, oh well pretty happy all in all.
AL
Pics farther down!!!!!

Last edited:
That's actually a neat cheat to cover the wheels. With that much ground clearance, I think this works better than a skirt would have, because it's reflecting the existing environment to help it blend in.
Fantastic job all round!

I can't get over how absolutely fantastic this is. Great job, blastmaster, and have fun with it (I'm sure you will).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back