Which comic book movies do you want to see made?

A Sandman movie would really suck, and you would end up being mad that all the Twilight fans have moved over to your beloved comic and are ruining your San Diego experience.

Begin thread again.

Which is why I'm glad it's not being made. Gaiman has said he won't let it be made unless it can be made to his satisfaction. I don't think there would be anything to fear from the Twilight crowd in that case, although I agree the films would probably not do very well, given the stories and pacing a such.. just doesn't lend itself very well to film.

Which is why I'm glad it's not being made. Gaiman has said he won't let it be made unless it can be made to his satisfaction.

If Warner's really wanted to make it, Neil wouldn't have anything to say about it. They could put unicorns and daffodils in it, if they wanted. They could launch SANDMAN: THE ***** IS BACK "drawn" by Greg Land and written by the guy who does Garfield. Any "control" Neil has over those characters is a recognition of his work and a nod to his station.

It's like those WATCHMEN action figures DC Direct was going to do based on Dave Gibbons' designs and announced the line and showed prototypes at SDCC one year. Then Alan Moore announces his displeasure and they cancel it. Yes, they left a lot of money on the table, but WATCHMEN sells 100,000 copies a year. Why mess with the golden goose, even if you legally can?

Instead of a movie, Preacher is more suited for the TV format like The Walking Dead. Though I doubt it can find the wide mass appeal like TWD and might end up being controversial.

HBO tried to get a TV series of PREACHER going with Mark Steven Johnson, but the deal fell apart and it's going forward as a flick. If it's successful, I'd bet a show on one of the cable networks follows, which is more money for everyone, anyway.

Gaiman had put together screenplay for Death, I think more then once even. but it never ever got off the ground even when it seemed certain.
I seem to recall even casting names being thrown around at one point.

It stands on it's own, the embodiment of death experiences life for one day so she can know what it is she takes. Shouldn't cost big money.
Oh well, maybe the time is passed now for perky goth.

SANDMAN + DEATH+ THE ENDLESS! With Tim Burton directing, Johnny Depp as Dream and Cristina Ricci as Death! C'mon why hasn't this already been made!

THE BOYS

Jesse Custer as PREACHER

Timothy Truman's GRIMJACK

Howard Chaykin's AMERICAN FLAGG

Frank Miller's DARK KNIGHT RETURNS

Frank Miller's RONIN

Frank Miller's DAREDEVIL run where Karen Page sells
Matt Murdoch's name to the Kingpin. I love the line:
"and I... I have taught him that a man with nothing to
lose... is a man without fear."

I also wanna see the entire NUKE/AVENGERS end to that
one. I don't remember if it was from that run or not but
another great DAREDEVIL line was:(to spidey) "Man without
fear, yeah; but anxiety I got loads of!"

Last edited:
Rom the spaceknight
Damage Inc
Heroes For Hire
Wildstar
Kingdom Come (done in that Polar Express way bringing Alex Ross's artwork to life)

I think GRIMJACK would make an excellent show.

YES. It would be FANTASTIC as a show. Crap as a film, though. But I also think it'd be a bit too weird, and the network execs would never be cool with his costume.

Nicholas Cage would make an awesome Doctor Strange!!

"OH GOD, NOT THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH!! MY EYE OF AGOMOTTO!!! MY EYE OF AGOMOTTO!!!"

Yeah, I'll pass...

Timothy Truman's GRIMJACK

As I said, I fully support this.

Frank Miller's DAREDEVIL run where Karen Page sells
Matt Murdoch's name to the Kingpin. I love the line:
"and I... I have taught him that a man with nothing to
lose... is a man without fear."

I also wanna see the entire NUKE/AVENGERS end to that
one. I don't remember if it was from that run or not but
another great DAREDEVIL line was:(to spidey) "Man without
fear, yeah; but anxiety I got loads of!"

Yeah, that's collected in TPB form as "Born Again." It's why I consider myself a Daredevil fan. I'm really just a fan of that collection, truth be told (although I dig some of Miller's earlier stuff like the whole Bullseye/Elektra thing).

I think that Born Again would make an excellent HBO series, but the Avengers and especially Cap appearing at the end would make it tricky. The Nuke thing...not sure how well that'd translate into the non-80s timeframe, though. They'd probably have to transpose him to just blowing up tribal villages in Afghanistan or something.

As another idea, I think Tim Truman's Scout would make a pretty good TV series. Certainly the first two story arcs (collected as The Four Monsters and Mount Fire) would. Some of the stuff gets a bit wacky towards the end, though. Monday the Eliminator...I dunno how well that'd translate.

Mage: The Hero Discovered (then, the rest...)
Fantastic Four (I have casting ideas)
Sandman would make a great TV series
Echo
Nexus would be a cool TV series, probably a little to SciFi, though.
Grendel (notably the Hunter Rose arc).
Local - I love this series, would make a great mini-series.
Demo - (see Local).

Even though I hold Wes Craven's Swamp Thing movie dear to my childhood heart I would love to see a decent remake of it.

BPRD could be a very very fun show. You have the X-Files meets the FBI thing, meets having guest stars like Hellboy dropping in from time to time.

I know it won't happen. But it would be FUN!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back