What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Making new tools for the vacuum form using tooling resin.
This stuff is an aluminum dust filled epoxy. It is thick, smelly and takes 12 hours to cure, but for all intensive purposes, it allows cold casting of solid aluminum parts. It has a fairly low ecotherm.
IMG_20190123_175951.jpg

IMG_20190124_213110_393.jpg
Once post cured, I was able to cut this part on a band saw.
IMG_20190201_074843_752.jpg

Am in the planning stages of doing my first helmet (judge dredd) but my polystyrene head hasn't arrived yet to help me with making a plan so lucky i have got a new 3d printer to keep me busy :D doing crimson from destiny 2 - sadly the files i downloaded were quite right and had to chop bits off to get things to fit - will probably model the gun up myself fix the mistakes and make it better for printing in the process - the paint job wont be completely accurate though - while i like the white i dont think the red is needed - the blood effect on the blade and spikes will be all the red it needs :)

Attachments

• crimson.jpg
    crimson.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 146
Am in the planning stages of doing my first helmet (judge dredd) but my polystyrene head hasn't arrived yet to help me with making a plan so lucky i have got a new 3d printer to keep me busy :D doing crimson from destiny 2 - sadly the files i downloaded were quite right and had to chop bits off to get things to fit - will probably model the gun up myself fix the mistakes and make it better for printing in the process - the paint job wont be completely accurate though - while i like the white i dont think the red is needed - the blood effect on the blade and spikes will be all the red it needs :)
Which Dredd version are you doing?

Starting soon on this excellent Vulcan Lirpa Kit I picked up from Nicksdad. This thing is amazingly well-done!

CB8BCA9B-9E51-43C0-93BB-38D816F65973.jpeg

18F09999-B1D0-4D3B-B60F-8629D2F54AEC.jpeg

I guarantee you are hearing the “Star Trek Fight Music” when you see this piece; how could you not??

Last edited:
Been tinkering in a free based Fusion 360 and... it's been going swimmingly.
Have [actually] build the watch to roughly 90% complete. More later if time permits. Laziness is a real challenge.
The Generator is [for the most part] a proof of concept piece and is 100% [theoretically] functional. Just have to invert the gears, figure a linear to vertical gearing [already done it once already] and make base metal wider.
Cheers.

Attachments

• Metro - the Last Light - Watch.jpg
    Metro - the Last Light - Watch.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 191
  • Metro - Exodus Generator.jpg
    Metro - Exodus Generator.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 163
Think I worked out the kinks concerning the gearbox. The torque on this is a doozy so may add more [teflon] walls.
In case anyone notice, I am a Metro fan. x_x
Cheers.

Attachments

• Metro - Generator - Gearbox.jpg
    Metro - Generator - Gearbox.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 195
This looks fantastic !

Are you willing to share your comolecom file for the watch and charger ?
I will eventually later down the line, these permutations have taken me around 4 months of lazily working on various other projects.

Tried to upload the stl. file for the watch, but the site doesn't allow such shenanigans. >.>
The watch I grant you is 170% - 200% out of [vertical] scale to permit all of the electronics to fit.
GoryashchiyeKlyuchi beat me to it though.
Linkies below for wip:

Watch A360
Generator A360

The Generator's only real 3d parts are the housing for the bearings, gears, the housing for the battery (have a good grasp on what that might be) and the actual dynamo, more or less.
If you try and 3d print out the support, it will snap apart.
Have to also rework the grip b/c it's WAY to large.

Cheers for now.

Last edited:
Picked up a BS trooper helmet dirt cheap so I thought I’d at least change the HOVI’s on it to be acurrate. Also ripped out the voice changer, head straps and speaker and replacing them. You’d be surprised how the sound board from a Halloween voice disguiser sounds better and fits perfectly inside.

826982FB-9439-4FAE-9333-BF7B5A661D90.jpeg
5D58296A-55F1-4AA9-9FD2-2DEFBD811ABA.jpeg
86784C17-FA31-4814-AF72-6080222A2A36.jpeg
CBD6B003-D316-490F-8F55-07F3B022857B.jpeg
31752556-71EF-45F2-BEAF-B0F79C2E3F04.jpeg
D0DBDEF2-6CC8-47D7-BD77-09E9D277847C.jpeg
DE3E7FE2-A844-422F-BA60-420C33238FF7.jpeg
D83C09CB-BECC-465D-9107-F078565A1D1E.jpeg

Now, back to finishing up the DL-44 ANH build. Feel free to check it out, something a little different.

Whipping together a mockup of the BioShock crossbow, to check the scale that I estimated. Just thrown together with scraps from around the shop. It’s just about the right size, so now I’ll have to gather my final building materials (wood, aluminum, brass, a few antiques, and some other odds and sods). I will probably make a build thread for this one when I start the final build.

tumblr_pnx14d3NIG1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pnx14d3NIG1sjdnvro4_1280.jpg

Inspiration finally struck!

wKz5EGt.jpg

I also have a scope that's going to go with this, but it only came in silver, so I'm waiting for the black paint to dry. It's on the outside workbench as I don't want the paint smell in the house.

Attachments

• DHoOdSh.jpg
    DHoOdSh.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back