What movies/shows did you love as a kid but as an adult are now quite...bad?

Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Some parts of it are still good, such as Linda Hamilton all buffed up (HHHNNNGGGGGG) and the goodbye scene, but the liquid metal CGI hasn't held up well.

I still find the first Terminator to be the superior film.

Man, if anything I think T2 has aged really well as an overall movie.

The SFX don't look bad but they do look a little dated. Mostly because the directing/editing treated it like cutting-edge stuff and it certainly isn't now.

Yeah, but that's the thing. For it's time period, it wasn't just cutting edge. It was bleeding edge. Granted, we'd seen some of that previously in The Abyss, but nothing to the degree of what was in T2. CGI arguably came into its own during that era, largely as a result of films like T2 and Jurassic Park. So, I forgive it its excesses.

That said, I think batguy makes a good point about how CGI shouldn't necessarily be lampshaded in films, but rather should be treated like any other effect and kind of...hmm...minimized in favor of its support of the overall story.

Gotta give it to George Lucas for that. Nobody else has ever done anything as bleeding-edge as Star Wars and then directed & edited it like it was completely mundane. 40 years later I can't think of anything else even coming close.

MegaForce. I think I drove my brother insane watching that over and over...

I just watched that again and I agree it was SOOOOOO horrible. I remember seeing it at a drive in theater when I was a kid and thinking how cool it was.

As a wee one I loved the hell out of the cartoon "Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch". Sort of a proto-"Cars". Thought it was the best. I even dragged my poor dad out of bed on Saturday mornings to watch it with me because I "knew" he wouldn't want to miss it.

Caught it again a couple decades later.

O. M G.

It was a few years in to about a decade of absolutely AWFUL Hanna-Barbera shows. Just about everything they did during that era was just atrocious. Wheelie included.

I need to hug my dad.

Let's see....pretty much everything I watched as a kid sucks now GI Joe,Transformers,Mask whatever just blows interestingly stuff like Voltron and Robotech do too if I watch the "Americanized" versions but work out if I watch the original Japanese,it's pretty apparent that America has a wonderful habit of brainwashing it's children and making the world as sanitized as possible :sick

And this applies to ANY thing from the last fifty or sixty years TV,movies,most of it sucks and there are very few bits of entertainment that's worth a crud,most of what I like is non American sorry to say,hell Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet blow any American kids show out of the water,even the old Godzilla films are still fun,if cheesy as hell.

The few I can think of are things like the old Voyage beneath the sea,the one with the Submarine? back in the early 60's? was good,Twilight Zone was fun (at times) but I can't think of any TV show of the 80's that I can watch again without an airsick bag at hand.

I used to love the Hulk TV movies that they made back in the 80's. The ones with Thor and Daredevil. I taped them off TV and watched them over and over.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back