What Are The Best Things To Use When Starting?

ThePred2012

Hello fellow hunters!

I will get right to the point. I am wanting to start my predator suit as soon as mid July When I return from Deployment. I am hoping to order some supplies and have them all waiting for me when I return. I have ordered liquid latex and a few other things such as netting, spandex suit for body modifications, boots with 4 inch soles for lift, foam craft sheets, and nick knacks. i have saved many instructables.com videos along with, of course, huntorials. I will not have as much time or money prior to Halloween as I want, as we are taking a 3 week vacation during Aug. So the main questions I have are as follows.

1. What is the best clay to use for a scupt?

2. Who makes the best pulls/masks on the site? I plan on just doing a Bio, or get a Rubies mask and add dreads and quills, to save time prior to Halloween this year, but after i want to start getting set for Comic Con 13.

3. What advice would you give a NOOB like me as something you wish someone would have told you prior to your start...I.E. like-dont use this, or this is the best thing to use here. That sort of advice.

Thanks in advance for all your help and I look forward to learning from the Pros!

ThePred2012

You are just starting out so here is the best advice ever.
Go back up to the top of this section (How to Build a PRedator Costume) and READ, READ, READ.
there are several posts that are stickied at the top. they have a lot of the answers to the questions you have.

Your best avenue is to research as much as possible.

when you think your head will explode from all of the info. take a break and then come back and READ some more. to learn how to do everything will take some time. if you are willing to invest the time you will gain tons of knowledge. We are more than willing to help people here, but you have to be willing to put in your time as well.
cheers
and happy reading!

Thanks so much, I have been researching and reading since early May. I decided to became a member after all of that to not look like a complete NOOB, but I understand everything you are saying. I have found easier ways to do my ideas, and really enjoy reading other peoples approaches to the same issues. I am still taking tons of notes and watching/saving videos as I have plenty of time to research!

Thanks for the help and I really appreciate your time!

Personally, I think the Rubies mask sucks. I am Facebook friends with Scott Marshall and he does some of the best costumes I have ever seen. His masks are awesome and he sells them raw or complete. I have found stuff on ebay, i.e. cannon, feet, dreads and a mask. All for a great price. I agree with read read read, I did that and have lots of photos. I am making my costume using the Mr. Incredible muscle suit. First things first: Make a duct tape mannequin of yourself. #1 priority. I can't wait until mine is done. Patience is a must.

I agree with the Rubies mask, but i am limited on time and money this year, due to me being in Afghanistan till mid July. or so. Then Vacation when i return. I want to be set of Halloween. This yr is all about cutting corners to make it presentable for Halloween. Next year, ill have 12 months worth of freetime and weekends. I will check out Scott marshall on facebook if I can find him.

This is why I love this Site, SO MUCH HELP AND KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!

Unfortunately Scott Marshall has reached his limit on friends! By the looks of his Costumes and stuff, I can see why!

Again Thanks for the tips!

what would be cool is base your pred if he where hunting in the middle east(desert surviving gear ,grey orange skin)anyways good luck brother and thanks for keeping our shores clean.

desert clan...... hmmmm.... something maybe starting here - desert lost hunters..... long live the Cobra! Good luck with your build bud

I'm a Newbie too, so i don't have any advise can give u. All I wanna say is: if u r a American Soldier, Take care and be safe over there.. and thank you for ur service ~~Salute U!

The Rubies mask can look pretty well if properly modified. There are a number of people here who have done that (including me). :D If you do a search, you'll find a number of threads about modified Rubies masks. Are there better masks out there? Yep, by far. But a modified Rubies is a good starting place.

I too am modifying a Rubies Deluxe, for those of us on a budget with a creative mind it is a great way to start your suit, granted I am working on my suit right now and have pretty much completed my Rubes modification however I am also sculpting my custom mask on the side too, it won't be done by Halloween but that is why the Rubies is there, easy to work on and looks pretty decent with longer dreads, quills, airbrushed more paint and the removal of the tusks and replace them with longer ones, good luck on your build and if you need any advice on the mod check out mine or Lflank above, he is the one who inspired me from watching his YouTube videos. We all strated out as noobs :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back