Werewolf project progress

J

JKfeathers

Hey all! I'm Jennie, I'm 22 living on the east coast and I'm finally finding time to fulfill my dream of being an actual werewolf.

My intentions are to build a full body costume with a mixture of sculpture/cast latex, resin, NFT hair and other fabrics as well as foam fabrications. I'm making this thread to share my progress.

Without further ado, the current Work in progress shots;

Top photo : The sculpture

Bottom photo: The painted cast with teeth and hair painted over the photo to help visualise the next step.

werewolf head.png_MG_0027.JPG

There are easier ways of fulfilling your dream you know? All you needs a little wolfsbane, an autumn full moon...

This looks very promising. A little like the Cabin in the Woods Werewolf. Looking forward to how this turns out.

Your sculpture reminds me of American Werewolf in London. But the concept art/ mock up is completely different, and it's terrific!

Ears, teeth, hair, color... Please, don't change a thing. :popcorn

Haha thank you!

And Yes, my original inspiration was the Cabin in the Woods Werewolf. The eyes were directly inspired by such, though the rest of it is kind of a fun but often frustrating "Figure out as you go" type deal. Haha, Lots of crafting firsts for me here.

Actual teeth have been made!!! Still nears the hair, ears and lips/eyelids

_MG_0009wwq.JPG_MG_0006wwq.JPG

Thank you all! And Thanks, Donnie, for the photos! My concern is the latex is backed by a layer or two of burlap soaked/fused into it. Is it still possible to hairpunch such thick/burlap latex?

I have no experience when it comes to hair punching. I've watched tutorial videos over at Stan Winston School of character arts, but these tend to be simply punching directly into slip latex without any backing at least the ones i've seen. Perhaps a more enlightened member will chime in.

While the mask is STILL not finished. (needs lip, ears and blending hair punching!) I just HAD to take opportunity of the full/Blue moon this past weekend and get some cool shots!

_MG_000ll5.JPG_MwG_0053.JPG_MGw_0052.JPG_MwG_0048.JPG

That's proper pant soiling wolfiness right there I must say. That third pic with it looking through the shrubbery.......

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back