Padme's blaster project - ELG-3A - screenaccurate details and proportions - idealized metal and wood materials

Sorry to hear there hasn't been more interest. Are you posting about it in other places? I often hear about projects, after the fact, that were posted on Facebook or other sites that I don't use, so the reverse is probably true as well.
I'm currently trying to do some advertising on facebook but I'm really ignorant on that matter sadly so I have no real clue where to post and how. I'm communicating with someone from a group currently but advertising an external run doesn't seem to be an option there. thank you for your help :)

I'm really really bummed with the lack of interest so far though

From what it's worth from my end – and I hate to say it given my enthusiasm for the build – seeing the final price made it a no-go. Not because I don't want to support your work or pay you what it's worth, but it just far exceeds what I can comfortably drop on a prop replica. The price plus shipping converts to north of 600 USD, which is half a month's rent for me.

I'd love to sign up but I just can't afford it. I also can't imagine I'm the only one in that position.

From what it's worth from my end – and I hate to say it given my enthusiasm for the build – seeing the final price made it a no-go. Not because I don't want to support your work or pay you what it's worth, but it just far exceeds what I can comfortably drop on a prop replica. The price plus shipping converts to north of 600 USD, which is half a month's rent for me.

I'd love to sign up but I just can't afford it. I also can't imagine I'm the only one in that position.
thank you for your message,
yes I understand, and I understand that this is probably the case for several other people. Sadly this is the reality of it. it's my full time job, there was a lot of research, prototyping, tooling, expensive high end material and a lot of time involved. then there is the fact that it's a finished replica, oiled wood, mirror polished aluminium, it takes a lot of time and that's the best price I can offer I'm afraid.
thank you for your suport along the build though, I much appreciate it :)

No it's not for sale yet, don't worry ;-) Justin has kind of "commandited" the run and worked with me with awesome references. That's why he got the first blaster out of production.
I'm really really bummed with the lack of interest so far though and it's going to be a huge struggle for me financially, but don't worry, all the early signed up persons on the run have my most sincere gratitude and will obviously be able to get a blaster :) Thank you for your support Phil (y)
I’d say definitely see if you can get some further reach through some discord servers and Facebook groups. I’m not well versed in which pages specifically but between these and Reddit you might be able to get enough interested to at least soften things.
Definitely want to see the greatest success for you and any projects you do in the future.

There are some great pics of a elg-3a blaster that recently sold on heroprop
Nice! thanks fr sharing! that's a stunt but that's always interesting. You can see well the details on the back that I was talking about. the first line that is deep, the step, the second step that has no line, the separating between the body part and the back egg. We can't see the tapper of the handle thickness though but that's the most detailled photos of a stunt I ever saw :)

It's pretty fun to see those new references available to the public, details are quite clear :)

here is a quick comparison with my studio side pic, just for fun. Don't trust that barrel tube on the new ref though, the tube is extremely thin (and short) compared to all other references. and they probably cut or sanded the fron egg a bit short to insert the barrel, it should be a tiny little bit more oval in shape, but both photos are pretty close, that's fun :)
comp.jpg

cheers

I'd love to buy one but I would need it very soon! How soon could one be delivered to the states?
Hi,
I replied to you on facebook and in the project run section. I can't tell for sure the actual date I will put them for sale, I'm guessing they should really be ready for mid June. hopefully it will be possible for you with shipping to the US. I can't rush my production though, they are hand made, they take a lot of time, need to be finelly polished. i'll do my best :)

Hey there,
just wanted to show the prototype for the stands for the blasters that we finished with Wonder Knight, super happy with the result!
more details can be seen directly in the project run thread :)

DSC_0871.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back