Padme's blaster project - ELG-3A - screenaccurate details and proportions - idealized metal and wood materials

thank you so much Phil, that is very nice of you!
I have to admit I was extremely worried about the interest there would be for this project since it's a prop from the prequel trilogy. I'm glad to see the prop still brings some enthousiasm :)

There's a lot of us who love, love, love the production design of the prequels and want to see more from them. Especially after the ST came out and disappointed (visually and otherwise), the PT is looking pretty good.

There's a lot of us who love, love, love the production design of the prequels and want to see more from them. Especially after the ST came out and disappointed (visually and otherwise), the PT is looking pretty good.
super cool :) there is a lot from the prequels on my want to do list, Zam's blaster and rifle, Panaka blaster although quite complex, but super exiting! cool stuff definitely and so many things that I want to do and just one life time to do them o_O

What a wonderful project and a beautiful account of the process! Fantastic photos of every step, it makes me want to make one myself! You've done an incredible job and your attention to detail has really paid off.

It's funny how, while the prequels aren't my favourite Star Wars movies by a long shot, there is a special nostalgia I have to the period of time leading up to the release of The Phantom Menace. From 1998-1999, little 15-16 year old me was getting pretty excited looking at any and all promotional photos and trailers for the first Star Wars movie that would premiere during my lifetime (having been born a couple months after the release of ROTJ) and soaking in all the fun and fantastic designs of all the props and costumes. The first prop replica I ever made was a "hardware store" replica of young Obi-Wan's lightsaber. The first found parts I got my hands on were some Staedtler Liquid Roller pen caps and a Gillette Ladies Sensor Excell razor. It was something of a formative time for me in my growing obsession with props and costumes that has had a strong influence on the subsequent 20+ years since then. I find myself revisiting some of those props these days, re-sparking a bit of that excitement, and this amazing blaster project is certainly contributing to that!

Again, great job and I look forward to seeing more!

Eethan, your work hit 3 major boxes : 1) Sharpness, 2) Sharpness, 3) Sharpness. The bar is way high with that prop...I don't think it can be beaten (y) (y) :cool: :cool: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

thank you so much guys, really appreciate your nice words after so much work :)
Still have quite some work left to do to assemble all the other blasters though! but getting closer every day :)

I didn’t get that memo...
Nostalgia of people who grew up in that generation of Star Wars movies.
As well as naturally the comparison between what was the best intent executed questionably by some vs an absolute butchering of the franchise.

Still plenty to love vs not much to love.

But I'm pretty biased all that being said.

Hello there and happy Star Wars day to all!
it has been a bit of a rush but everything should be ready to open the interest thread tonight! :)
DSC03366.JPG

hey there,
interest thread is now up!

good luck for the long read :D

Hey guys, just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I was the one who kind of pushed Matthieu into getting back into this project because this is a my dream prop and a prop I’ve been trying to get made for A LONG TIME. Most everyone I went to didn’t make it correctly. Luckily I was able to see the screen used hero and give some good insight into making this prop. Matt nailed this! I couldn’t be more happier with mine. Every single detail is there! EVERY SINGLE ONE! You won’t find someone that puts this much thought and detail into a prop and this prop isn’t easy. It’s veryyyy hard to get right, hence why after all these years, no ones still been able to get even remotely close to the screen used hero, until now. I can confidently say this is as screen accurate as it gets! Thank you Matthieu for all your hard work! You are a master craftsmen my friend! This is truly a work of art and I loved it so much, I purchased a 2nd one! Matt is only making a small run, so hop on this before he’s done making them! Thanks again Matt! You made my dreams come true!

-Justin (swprops)

I’m not crazy that the run hasn’t started yet? I’m excited but I haven’t missed anything have I?
No it's not for sale yet, don't worry ;-) Justin has kind of "commandited" the run and worked with me with awesome references. That's why he got the first blaster out of production.
I'm really really bummed with the lack of interest so far though and it's going to be a huge struggle for me financially, but don't worry, all the early signed up persons on the run have my most sincere gratitude and will obviously be able to get a blaster :) Thank you for your support Phil (y)

Sorry to hear there hasn't been more interest. Are you posting about it in other places? I often hear about projects, after the fact, that were posted on Facebook or other sites that I don't use, so the reverse is probably true as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back