Weapons and costumes from the NEW Star Wars Battlefront game

I just looked and I can see a pattern there. However, I just looked on Google for a Camo front zippered hoodie, and non of the patterns that popped up really fit. So, I think I'll stick with an olive drab hoodie. As for the cuffs, it's really hard to tell because it's a computer rendered model. I've looked at it several times, and it just looks like the length of the cuff was exaggerated.

When I made mine I thought it was just a large cuff but discovered later in screen caps that they are separate pieces.

When I made mine I thought it was just a large cuff but discovered later in screen caps that they are separate pieces.

I enlarged the image, and it looks like the cuff is part of the sleeve. I traced the seam on the sleeve up and over the cuff, and it looks like the seams both line up perfectly.

Screenshot (76).png

Image is a little pixilated, but you can see the seam on both the cuff and sleeve.

As for the pouches, I can either fabricate them or hit up an army surplus store and see what they've got.

Last edited:
Hi,
I made the Rebel Trooper,Desert Helmets. This are based on my A-Wing Helmet but became a new Blastshield.

Attachments

• 100_1493.JPG
    100_1493.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 100_1494.JPG
    100_1494.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 100_1495.JPG
    100_1495.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
I am working on these with the Rebel Legion. We are trying to nail down the Costume Standards as we speak.

We are also debating details and whatnot, especially regarding the pants and hoodie on found items vs custom made ones.

I have been able to source most items. The one thing I have not been able to find are the cylinder like pouch on his right hip. If anyone has an idea on how to make this, please LMK.

12768162_545696825610923_3342378750183090169_o.jpg

Cylinder Pouch detail.jpg

If you want to see all of the discussion we have had on this costume at the RL, head over here:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66750

Last edited:
Probably held a lens or light meter.
The pouch behind it looks almost like a ALICE 100 round SAW pouch.

Gloves are an older model Wells - Lamont with green strap. (same brand as Indy's)

Last edited:
For the SAW pouch, I used this pouch. I'm adding on a cast buckle made from a 3, 30-round M-16 magazine. I just hit it with fabric paint to get it the right color, and then I removed the existing clasp.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MYAMS4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good call on the Wells Lamont.

I'm also looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005I34I5...lid=2RK0NF1HD45HW&coliid=I13VLXAL2V4R0H&psc=1

The color isn't great, but everything else is.

My main PITA is the cylinder pouch. I'm starting to think I need to just custom create one out of a small tomato paste can and cover it in leather, or something along those lines.

I have that pouch and the 200 round.
Both in Coyote brown and OD.
The ODs are ALICE, the coyote are MOLLE.

The in game pouch clasp is the same type that's on the shovel pouch used in RotJ.

I'll snap some pix this afternoon for you so you can see sizes.

Turns out I only have the green ALICE in 200rd.

Anyway.
molle pouches.jpg

The 3 small leather pouches on the bandoleer are French, also used in RotJ.
The MOM display has the leather pouch, shovel carrier and canvas 3 mag pouch for an M16 (Vietnam era) partly seen under the green saw pouch on the right.

For your bandoleer just get some 1" and 1.5" webbing and make it.

The grenade thingies are half round.
Make 1 then make an open face mold and mass produce them.
Sell off sets to recoup your materials cost.

Same with the greeblies for the jacket and pouch.

Last edited:
The gloves should work fine.
I use the W/L's with out the strap (an easy fix)

You could paint or dye the strap green.
IIRC to weather mine up I covered them in tan and brown leather dye then quickly wiped them off leaving the dye in all the grain and wrinkles.

Leather dye is also handy for weathering armor parts by painting it on then dabbing it off with a damp rag or sea sponge till you get a nice grimy looking texture especially in the harder to get to areas, completely remove from high wear areas

Just did a really quick google search for "leather camera lens pouch" and a lot of "in the ballpark" images came up.
In fact the side straps look like they are just cut shoulder straps.

Knowing LFL's passion for using camera equipment it's a high probability that it is indeed what it's based on.

Just did a really quick google search for "leather camera lens pouch" and a lot of "in the ballpark" images came up.
In fact the side straps look like they are just cut shoulder straps.

This helped a lot! Thanks!

I ran some math, based on the Czech leather pouches and came up with approximate dimensions of the cylinder case to be about 5. to 5.5"high x 2.5-3"" wide.

I found this case on eBay and just ordered it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252434960172

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I also got a 3D obj file for 3D printing, but I much prefer the vintage leather. I'll redo the straps to match the in-game images... so happy to finally lock down this part!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back