Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

Hey guys..... sorry for not posting sooner. Been really busy and my mom is in the hospital.... heart valve replaced and pace maker.

Anyway, where are we on this thread? OK... so I promised some dimensions. Lets get started. What I'm going to do is take the CAD and create 2d drawings for you guys. As for the knob... I can pull casting if there was enough demand and enough of a list. I'm just too busy to pull one or two castings. At least for right now.

Best wishes for your mom's speedy recovery!

Count me on the list for that black knob, please. I look forward to your postings =)

Hey Kenny,

thinking good thoughts for your mother and family. I've spent months in the hospital myself and it's no fun. Hope she gets through it quickly and has as quick a recovery. Hospitals are no fun at all.

i'm in for a knob casting. is it possible to get a diameter of the rockler brass knob. If you see my post above, pondering getting some machined down for the folks on here. it'll be on me.

On a side note, what happened with that spiffy buck rodgers pistol you were poking around at? Was anxiously following your thread. Being as busy as you are i figured you got busy. Just know there is still some interest from me. Loved that show.

nice work on that functional zat by the way. bummed that never made it to production at qmx. That would have indeed been cool to have. Your replication job on that was stellar.

peace.

Last edited:
I am going to finally attempt my own box. But rather than having to continually follow auctions on ebay, I ended up finding a box at Hobby Lobby that I believe I can repurpose. It comes with silver hardware (hinges, handle, clasp) that I will have to remove and refill. I ordered some 11mm mother of pearl disks from etsy and will find some aluminum stock as the inlay like Kenny did. I believe I can get close to the look and still have room to spare for the tesla and the vu meter. The box's dimension from Hobby Lobby are:
12x4x8 1/2

I am going to finally attempt my own box. But rather than having to continually follow auctions on ebay, I ended up finding a box at Hobby Lobby that I believe I can repurpose. It comes with silver hardware (hinges, handle, clasp) that I will have to remove and refill. I ordered some 11mm mother of pearl disks from etsy and will find some aluminum stock as the inlay like Kenny did. I believe I can get close to the look and still have room to spare for the tesla and the vu meter. The box's dimension from Hobby Lobby are:
12x4x8 1/2

Sounds like a good plan =)

For you guys in or near the Louisville area. I know Ken Palkow will be attending Wonderfest this year. Perfect time to talk with him about the Tesla gun and Display box. I know I will be there.

Yup.... I'll be there this year. Stop by and say hello. I'll have a bunch of cool stuff there. I know you guys have been wanting more info on the box and I was in the process of taking my CAD model and making drawings of it for you guys to share and build your boxes. Thing is.... I got really busy and that didn't happen.

So, who here has Solidworks?

Hey phez..... I'm thinking of having someone take my CAD of the box .... all the pieces and convert to drawings to share with everyone. I'll post the part numbers of where to get the hardware. I just don't have the time to do it. I promised these guys a while ago to get them drawings but I got so busy again. Anyway, if I do this, the drawings must include my info and a note stating exclusively for the RPF members. The drawings are to be used by members to make a box for themselves and in no way any runs made without my approval. This is not negotiable. I never ever give my CAD models out so I hope this won't be a bad idea. :) I did take my artwork, at one time, of the gauges I did for the gun and posted a RPF exclusive version for the members to use. If you guys can't find it, I'll repost. I also have my molds still for the micl parts for the box.... like the brass and plastic knob. I can dig all that out and if there is a mold guy here, you're more than welcome to make castings for members that need them. Then return the molds to me. Like I said before, I just don't have the time but I want to help you all. I believe I even offered to loan the molds out at one time but there were no takers.

Anyway,, you guys see what you want to do and let me know. Before anyone emails me for the hundredth time, I not sure if I can give my CADs out on the gun itself.... I have to think about that one.

Cheers,
Kenney

Come One mold-guys. You know who you are =)This is a great opportunity. I would like to be the first (at least this time) to say I would purchase a copy of the buttons Kenney mentioned. My box is stuck with close-enoughs. Please, someone, lets make this happen! Any reasonable price accepted to cover your costs.

Hi Kenny

PM me when you get a chance and we can coordinate the details (I don't want to add to your inbox khaos).

I would purchase a set of buttons as well. I ended up finding a box on ebay finally. I also got a,VU meter which I will have to switch out the display card. And thanks to Ray I now have some wire. Just need to find a decent vintage rubber spark plug boot. Kenny we actually have the interview with you from last year posted on our Nerdosphere web site. It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to have my box done by the time Wonderfest rolls around.

Not a bad box but I do have some veneer to replace.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396927872.918862.jpg

Schubro, the box looks great. I really don't envy you having to replace the veneer. That's something I am lothe to do. But if you know what you're doing

sent from my Galaxy S5

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back