"Void Stalker" Class Battleship (Large scale Battlefleet Gothic scrathbuild)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mikoyan99

I've always been a fan of 40k spaceships; seeing as battlefleet gothic is no longer in production, I thought i'd have a go at a large scale version of one of the ships.

I finished this a few days ago - I meant to post a build log, but I didn't have a camera then camera sadly. It's a version of the "Void Stalker" class battleship; the model is about 12" long, compared to the 4" of the original white metal model. The side of "real" thing is never given in the fluff, but i'd hazard a guess at around 800-1000m long or so.

The model itself is 3-6mm THK laser cut MDF, with acrylic sails. I generated the CAD by tracing over a profile using autocad, then breaking it down into the relevant sections. Greeblies are generic spare parts from model kits, mainly 1/72nd british 1000lb bombs, and spare 40k/epic vehical components.

The curved nose sections were made from mdf half elipses glued together to form a spine. Milliput was used to form the fair curves, followed by a lot of sanding! Paint was applied with a sponge to generate a little texture and to cover up a few remaining scratch marks.

I'm happy with how the model has turned out, but no the paint job - any thoughts on how to spice it up a little would be handy, if anyone has any. You can't really see in the photo's but i've already done ink shading/dge highlighting by hand, and a little diffusion weathering with an airbrush.

Hope you like!

-Matt

For scale:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.