VISITING THE PREDATOR FILMING LOCATIONS

WhiskeyBeard

Hey Folks,

I wanted to offer a resource for anyone that has ever wanted to visit any of the filming locations used in Predator.

There are two main locations, one is just south of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where the guerilla camp scene was filmed.
The other is at the southern end of Mexico outside of Palenque, Chiapas, where the waterfall scenes where filmed.

GUERILLA CAMP LOCATION

The camp location has been transformed into an eco-park of sorts with lots water activites, a restaurant, and the main draw - (at least for people that don't travel all the way to Mexico just to see where Predator was filmed) is canopy zip line tours.

The park, El Eden, still has the original burned out Bell UH-1 Iroquois that Dutch done blowed up! Most of the original structures and stonework is still there as well. Once you see the pictures, you will recognize alot from the film.

canopyeleden.com

canopy-restaurant-mismaloya.jpg

4642986842_d703158197_b.jpg

4170685785_3cb0134d7f_b.jpg

3760882360_42ed110e8b_o.jpg

554850395_fdf6b06e10_b.jpg

El Eden Restaurant

logo.png

This menu is ridiculously awesome. "Dillion's Filt Mignon", anyone?
000.jpg

THE WATERFALL + FINAL FIGHT SCENES

These two locations, as stated above, are in southern Mexico, near Guatemala.

Two waterfalls, located near Palenque, were used for different parts of the same waterfall scene as well as the climax where Dutch makes his challenge and last stand.
Misol-Ha is the location of Dutch's (or at least Arnie's stunt double's) famous waterfall jump.
Agua Azul is where he goes over ther smaller falls and pulls himself up on the bank of the river. Supposedly, this is where he lights his torch and makes the war cry. (You can see the falls in the background in part of the scene)

Misol-Ha
Misol-Ha201.jpg

Agua Azul
Chiapas20Tumbala20Agua20Azul20Waterfalls20520-20Photo20by20Secretaria20de20Turismo20de20Chiapas.jpg

I was able to locate a cool hotel, Hotel Xibalba, that is actually located in Palenque. They are partnered with Shivalva Tours
who provides tours to both the National Park of Palenque and straight to the waterfalls themselves.
The park contains the famous Mayan city ruins of Palenque itself.

National Park of Palenque
3910286332_2dd53cb6b9_b.jpg

Frequent guest speakers at the ruins may include:
tumblr_kzi5ytY0Lx1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SO WANNA GO HERE WITH MY FAMILY!!!! AND ONE DAY WITH LAIR MEMBERS TOO!!!!

the holy land!!!...they spruced it up with some props as well.

it kills me to see that sign there....we have so many talented people, who could do something so freaking sweet and send it to them.... i know there was talk of doing that like 5 years ago.

i'm gonna shoot them an email and see if they would dig that...now that would be a very cool contest for the forum...

Design a sign to be placed at the site of P1, a gift from the hunters lair..

AM

The agua azul is simply beautiful, wonder if the wife would consider honeymooning there. As for the sign idea Drew, it's a great 1. Let us know what they say if they reply

I was just thinking all things P1 they might need...

Holy mandibles, I would flip if any of my artwork was hanging up there. Either way, as soon as I can go... I am.
Any of you folks in the SoCal have no excuse not to get down there!

Sweet! I was just in Puerto Vallarta last year for a tournament and took a picture at one of the other spots they said they filmed it on the tour...

DSC01312.jpg

I didn't see where the helicopter was, though. I will look for it next time...

It truly is beautiful :) man Andrew I so would be up for that count me in
sounds like such a great way to connect the lair with its mother land.

the holy land!!!...they spruced it up with some props as well.

it kills me to see that sign there....we have so many talented people, who could do something so freaking sweet and send it to them.... i know there was talk of doing that like 5 years ago.

i'm gonna shoot them an email and see if they would dig that...now that would be a very cool contest for the forum...

Design a sign to be placed at the site of P1, a gift from the hunters lair..

AM

Awesome post! Shame I will probably never get to go there.... oh well at least I've nearly got my P1 mask, thats good enough for me!

Smally.

oh wow that is amazing they still have the origional hellicopter but maybe we should replace those p1s with some scott marshall resin statues hehe man i want to go there even if you guys organised it i doubt id be able to go moneys tight being a student n all but damn that would be like SDCC X 1,000,000

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back