Vader ANH - MPP Lightsaber - Screws!

Praetor

Hi all,
I’ve checked the guide and done a bunch of searches, but I cannot find a clear answer: Can anyone tell me the specification of the small screws that hold the button section mount in place and that sit under the shroud either side? These look the same (button, flat head screws) but I’m not clear on the type I would need to buy to replace them.
I have an unloved Korbanth MPP 2.0 from way back and want to bring it up to spec’. The standard kit screws are hex bolts, and none are long enough to act as a retention screw. :(
Thanks all!

Hi Praetor,

Have you seen the MPP Bulb Release at wannawanga? ... It mentions the size of the flathead screw to secure the bulb release : DIN85-M2.5×5

MPP Bulb Release – WannaWanga

If you have a hard time finding those locally perhaps Roy could sell them seperately ... he's a nice guy ;)

As for the other 2 screws on either side of the shroud those are not the same (see picture) and have a more round shape, which I gather could be easily found in any DIY store.

Schermafbeelding 2020-09-29 om 00.11.20.png

Photograph courtesy of parfaitelumiere.

Chaïm

Damn! I did see those! But when I saw they didn’t match the side screws, I moved on thinking I’d misunderstood something about the kit!

Thank you! I’ll give Roy a ping.

you have several types of bolts on these mpp original, some are flat other are rounded top, right design is flat bolt.

Thanks! Are they all flat, or are some domed? I keep coming across “cheese head” as being the correct type... I’m learning more than I ever thought I’d need to know about screws!

Here's another link to the MPP thread parfaitelumiere created with lots of info and many pictures too :

Chaïm

Here's another link to the MPP thread parfaitelumiere created with lots of info and many pictures too :

Chaïm

That thread is a gold mine! Although no spec’s on the screws/bolts.

I really like the recommended parts in the opening few posts. Are those still up to date? ...It’s 33 pages long and it seems like Roman’s is about to launch improved parts, but I really like the idea of combining available replica parts to form a “best available” facsimile of the screen-used prop.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back