Updated Pics of Raw EMP Print: TDKR EMP Rifle and Sticky Bomb Gun 3D Print Build

Updated pics

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

any suggestions for smoothing out imperfections in the ABS???

Last edited:
Very cool !!!

It has come out really good.

I just sand my parts down, it takes some doing, the other route would be bondo I suppose.

What design software are you using ?
I haven't got my head around designing things for my Replicator, just printing things I can find online.

Thanks TDKOGC,
I use thinkercad to design all my props. It takes a bit of practice, but i am not very skilled using CAD programs and I think I made out ok. I have sanded, and used acetone, and sanded with acetone and desolved ABS in acetone and make a filler. I used bondo in the bigger areas but covered in ABS and chemically sealed it. I was just wondering if there are any other methods out there that I am unaware of. I have heard of the acetone vapour methods but I am not to comfotable with that yet. Anyways, attached are a set of first coat painted. I used a flat black but added chrome spray for contrast. I will be doing a few coats and putting in the screws before I start with electronics. I also started printing parts of the stick bomb gun... Updates to follow soon.

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

Looking good, I bet you are very proud of yourself.

I will take a look at Tinkercad and see what I can come up with.

Can't wait to see your Sticky Gun.

Funny I'm doing the same right now.

Here is my model it's a copy i did from the Hot Toys EMP Gun. It's gonna be 99% accurate from the model. I started printing the gun, looks good so far. Gonna show some pics in a new thread later this week.

8EF58607-DC59-48AC-8745-54FA2177B97B-5754-000000DE8EA973EF.jpg

577E9005-685B-4799-AE37-0B10718E913D-5754-000000DE7FDC4CC7.jpg

Andy W

Thanks for the share Andy. I was going to model off the Hot Toys gun, but I found a few pics that were supposed to be of the screen used EMP. I modeled after those. I I can find them again I will post them.

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I'd love to know if you ever got round to completing the sticky bomb gun files. I have access to a 3d printer and would love to know if you are in a position to sell these files for a private collection.

Awesome awesome awesome !!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back