Uncharted 2: Among Theives

Awesome! Looks great with the flowers! The circle is complete!

I put some gold leaf on the dubloon you made for me, looks great:
68194_483112144126_528349126_5768853_433633_n.jpg

I bought some sheets on ebay, like this

At my local craft store they have some 'glue' designed especially for applying gold leaf. Cannot remember what it's called, but just ask for it, it's pretty common stuff.

You just brush the glue on, wait a few minutes and then you apply the gold leaf. You need to press down on it with a soft brush so it'll get in the small crevasses of the sculpt. It will break, but that's okay, you can just apply some more, it's sooooo thin, it'll blend perfectly.

Wow that dubloon looks great. Aldo Darth do you have a copy of the file with the tiger and the bird with the actual bird coloured in red. I kinda suck with photoshop and it seems like your copies were really nice lookin. One last thing how did you guys stop the pages warping when ageing them. I tried a bit on the back of my journal and the page turned into a soggy wet mess :( Maybe I need a better book.

EDIT - sorry I forgot to ask one more thing. I also tried ageing the last journal printout the symbol thing with the head and chintimani. Anyway when i did so the printer ink within the paper seeped out when I added water. How did you counter this did you print on a special paper? Sorry for asking so many questions but this is my first time at trying to do something like this! Thanks in adavance.

Last edited:
Wow that dubloon looks great. Aldo Darth do you have a copy of the file with the tiger and the bird with the actual bird coloured in red. I kinda suck with photoshop and it seems like your copies were really nice lookin. One last thing how did you guys stop the pages warping when ageing them. I tried a bit on the back of my journal and the page turned into a soggy wet mess :( Maybe I need a better book.

My pages warped a little as well. Just try to keep the wetting to a minimum.
I used an atomizer (Small empty bottle of Fabreeze) with water and sepia ink mixed in, then I crumbled up a paper towel and sprayed the paper towel. Then I lightly dabbed and smeared the paper towel on the pages.
Im out the door right now, but Ill send you something when I get back.

EDIT - sorry I forgot to ask one more thing. I also tried ageing the last journal printout the symbol thing with the head and chintimani. Anyway when i did so the printer ink within the paper seeped out when I added water. How did you counter this did you print on a special paper? Sorry for asking so many questions but this is my first time at trying to do something like this! Thanks in adavance.

You need to use a laser printer (Try a printer at Kinkos or Office Mace, Office Depot, Staples) . Laser printer melts the image on the paper and the image has a "plastic" texture, which makes it waterproof.

Inkjet ,merely uses ink which runs when water is applied.

DS

I treat the paper as Darth Saber said prior to printing. I have an inkjet. The Laser looks shiny, but it is waterproof. Just an alternative.

Best,
DBCooper

Ok thanks you guys, I hate to be a pain again but I also have 2 more questions. A) On the very first page of the journal there was a scrap of paper that mentioned the sinking of ships on the left page, do you gentleman have either a digital copy or did you copy it by hand? B) Secondly does anyone have a copy of the '4 armed statue' pages (the one that was in nepal, the wraithful deity I think? Anyway once again did you copy by hand or print a copy out? I know I keep saying tgis but I do really appreciate the help, and its obviois you guys are the best place to look for help.

Ok thanks you guys, I hate to be a pain again but I also have 2 more questions. A) On the very first page of the journal there was a scrap of paper that mentioned the sinking of ships on the left page, do you gentleman have either a digital copy or did you copy it by hand? B) Secondly does anyone have a copy of the '4 armed statue' pages (the one that was in nepal, the wraithful deity I think? Anyway once again did you copy by hand or print a copy out? I know I keep saying tgis but I do really appreciate the help, and its obviois you guys are the best place to look for help.

The scrap of paper with the first page was done by hand (sorry, I dont have a digital copy...My scanner crapped out about a year ago).
The four armed deity was also done by hand.

If you use the pencil technique that I used - Scribbling the back of the printout with pencil and then taping it to the weathered paper and trace over the printout with a bit of pressure, you'll end up with a light pencil transfer of the image l. Once the pencil transfer is on, you can just go trace over the pencil lines with a marker.
You should get an exact duplicate of the original image.

Wow thats pretty cool, I'll go see if I can find a copy the armed deity.

Edit - sorry forgot to ask something else a) do you have a full copy of the nate and scully picture, cause I have one but its cropped. B) Did you find the the picture of the devourer? ( that red eagle thing ) with it coloured in?

I realise i'm being a bit of a nuisance it's just i like to have all the resources i need before I start something. If you cold please post em when you have some free time I'd greatly appreciate it, but only if you have the time dont drop what you're doing just for me.

Thanks once more!
You guys are awsome!

GG~

Last edited:
Hay Darth sorry to bother you again but do you have the files for the Ahnerbe verlag and deutches ahnerbe pages? If you do could you upload them when your not busy please, thanks once again!

GG~

Does anyone knows how many pages are needed for the diaries entries from Uncharted 1 and 2 together? I am planning in making one diary which contains all materials from the two games and the third one coming next year.

Does anyone knows how many pages are needed for the diaries entries from Uncharted 1 and 2 together? I am planning in making one diary which contains all materials from the two games and the third one coming next year.

From what I can gather there are at least 34 pages in the first diary (Not including the map that was attached and folded on the last page)
there are few other pages, but they arent clearly shown in the game....You only see a partial glimpse when Drake is flipping through the book.

The journal from the second game has 56 pages.

So approximately 90 pages (give or take a few mystery pages in the first diary)

Also, you are aware that the diary in the first game is not the same journal from the second game?
The diary in the first game if Francis Drake's , not Nathan Drake's journal.

From what I can gather there are at least 34 pages in the first diary (Not including the map that was attached and folded on the last page)
there are few other pages, but they arent clearly shown in the game....You only see a partial glimpse when Drake is flipping through the book.

The journal from the second game has 56 pages.

So approximately 90 pages (give or take a few mystery pages in the first diary)

Also, you are aware that the diary in the first game is not the same journal from the second game?
The diary in the first game if Francis Drake's , not Nathan Drake's journal.

Great, thank you for the number. I bought an old looking 192-page blank book, so it will all fit in.

Oh, and you are right: I forgot that it was Francis´ journal :D I just always had "Nate´s journals" in my mind. But nonetheless, I will try to include all 3 journals into one. Maybe Nate copied Francis´ diary sometime after :sleep :lol

edit: DS beat me to it and somehow therpf wasn't showing another page.. mea culpa :p
That said, I don't blame you. I'd like to do a Francis Drake journal at some point myself and I already have someone lined up to shoot mine for me. :lol (not while I'm carrying it mind you)

Great, thank you for the number. I bought an old looking 192-page blank book, so it will all fit in.

Oh, and you are right: I forgot that it was Francis´ journal :D I just always had "Nate´s journals" in my mind. But nonetheless, I will try to include all 3 journals into one. Maybe Nate copied Francis´ diary sometime after :sleep :lol

I created another thread for Drake's Fortune awhile back. It has the first few pages of the artwork for Francis Drakes diary -

http://www.therpf.com/f40/uncharted-drakes-fortune-92364/

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back