UK bans the import of *anything remotely harmful*...

Re: UK bans import of replica firearms...

I need to reiterate again - ownership is not being made illegal. Just purchase and manufacture.

You will need to demonstrate that you take an active part in airsoft skirmishing in order to purchase (airsoft replica weapons only) via an authorised UK dealer.

You will still not be able to import or manufacture any replica weapon, regardless.

Last edited:

It looks as if the ban will have more of an effect on us the genuine collector/re-enactor etc than the criminals its aimed at.

Time will tell and the headlines will remain the same.

Crap. Does that mean that I can't take some tube, some wood, and some brass fittings and make something that looks like a gun might look to the uninformed?

And again, taking away replicas from the innocent does nothing about the REAL problem, what the heck can we do?

PS: Eagle, I'm the 'the DOCTOR' you know from your forum, by the way! And Stonedog, I'm in Surrey too! Hello Neighbour!

Crap. Does that mean that I can't take some tube, some wood, and some brass fittings and make something that looks like a gun might look to the uninformed?
Exactly that...

And again, taking away replicas from the innocent does nothing about the REAL problem, what the heck can we do?
Lobby - and do it fast!

PS: Eagle, I'm the 'the DOCTOR' you know from your forum, by the way! And Stonedog, I'm in Surrey too! Hello Neighbour!
I recognised the user name + the avatar. :) Whaddya doing here? - get back to work! :lol :p

It's already been done, alledgedly by the ABA. The Government said "no way, no how - collectors cannot justify collecting replicas..."

There is still time to change minds but 'whatever you gonna do - better do it fast'!

As, err, Vasquez would say. :redface :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DOCTOR

Exactly that...
I'm going to have to check, but I think that infringes on my, now protected, human right to free expression.

Quote:
Lobby - and do it fast!
How does one lobby? Should I write to my MP?

Quote:
I recognised the user name + the avatar. :) Whaddya doing here? - get back to work! :lol :p

Story of my life!:unsure

Hello, it is a small world indeed :)

thinking about it, i would imagin the fact the airsofters have a governing body
pulled a lot of weight in there favour.

thinking about it, i would imagin the fact the airsofters have a governing body
pulled a lot of weight in there favour.

Good point, how quickly can we set up a national Replica Weapons Collectors Club?

Thinking about it, I bet a large percentage of airsofters would join such an organisation, and I'll contact a chum of mine that does WW2 reinacting.

Last edited:

Dont mean to bear bad news but the airsoft lobby has been lobbying for what must be close to a couple years.

With the Bill in the advanced form its in I think the time for influencing it has passed.

:confused

Dont mean to bear bad news but the airsoft lobby has been lobbying for what must be close to a couple years.

With the Bill in the advanced form its in I think the time for influencing it has passed.

:confused

:unsure stamp collecting it is then.

Last edited:

It's a real shame actually because the total ban on ownership by collectors is only a few years away, now that this has been passed into law...

It's a real shame actually because the total ban on ownership by collectors is only a few years away, now that this has been passed into law...

YEs.

I think it will be a good while though.

I intend to be sold up and in Japan well before that time. Japan has strict power laws AFAIK regarding airsoft - unsure of their real gun laws.

I will re-collect if im still interested in guns at that point.

IMHO The UK is broken and probably unfixable in my lifetime.

The stupidity of the bulk of UK citizens and the pervading threat I find walking the streets is a complete turn off. I REALLY dont want to bring my children up here anymore. The food sucks, the women are fat the TAX is outrageous and if you have a nice car your considered a vvanker. I run a business and finding staff that are not lazy is difficult - I tend to hire foreigners and pay for their relocation costs rather than hire brits.

The problem isnt guns - its bottles in your face - fists flying - immense low level crime that affects standard of living and harsh language from toddlers wearing kapa :lol

I`m off.

Last edited:

The Japanese are an interesting case, actually. I believe that firearms are totally banned there, to the extent that the makers of Jin-Roh had to go out of the country to study and fire MG42s so they could replicate them accurateley in animation.

Yet...companies like Poseidon churn out replica weapons without problems.

Seenm like they have a sensibe 'if it can't be fired it's not a gun' attitude.

And they have a very low rate of guncrime.

While I can stock up before October....

....it's the weapon props that are yet to come that really worry me:cry

And whether QMX manage to get the Mal pistol out by then.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back