TXQ Sabers anyone? Whats the quality and how moddable are they?

BlackThorne

Lately I've been stumbling across Lightsabers from TXQ Sabers (or any of their resellers) more and more. According to some reviews on Youtube the build quality seems to be good for the price and they have their own soundboard, the SN-Pixel currently at v4. For instance they have a Luke Hero saber that looks really nice and doesn't make you take a mortgage on your house :D.

What I have not yet found is much information about the insides of those sabers. Like a complete teardown and info on how compatible the parts might be with other lightsaber manufacturers. Is there any interest in those topics? Because I'm thinking about ordering one of their cheaper saber to take it apart and post some detailed pics here.

Last edited:
We have this crazy guy who’s got a few of the TXQ BoBF lightsabers from txq, wicked annoying guy makes a bunch of YouTube videos, posts them all over the rpf. Let me see if I can find him for ya

TXQ BoBF SN Pixel v4

Limited Edition BoBf Saber with Kyberphonic Sound Fonts!

I have question. Is the regular version ( dark colour witch long tri ring ). Can this version be hit with some steel wool and bring up the aluminium natural colour. Thank you in advance.

I have question. Is the regular version ( dark colour witch long tri ring ). Can this version be hit with some steel wool and bring up the aluminium natural colour. Thank you in advance.
I don't know if you already have the hilt, but TXQ is coming with an updated clean version (aluminum finish and an accurate tri-ring)

No, im yet to buy. I herd it from Starkiller, just don’t know when that will happen. I like the idea to do something by hand, but probably will wait. I‘ve decided to order directly from TXQ from aliexpress or alibaba

No, im yet to buy. I herd it from Starkiller, just don’t know when that will happen. I like the idea to do something by hand, but probably will wait. I‘ve decided to order directly from TXQ from aliexpress or alibaba
They're going to sell the old stock first, before selling the updated version. But I see what you mean :) I also like to do some work on my hilts. I'm working on one now (removing the anodising/adding an accurate tri-ring/etc.).

Wish you luck. Can you share your progress, im interested to see. Thank you
Thank you! :) Here are some photos. I removed the anodising, added an accurate tri-ring and I'm now busy with weathering the hilt.
I'll share the final result on my instagram/facebook (@vedorreplicas).
20231115_170345.jpg
20231115_170230.jpg
20231115_170248.jpg
20231018_144541.jpg

We have this crazy guy who’s got a few of the TXQ BoBF lightsabers from txq, wicked annoying guy makes a bunch of YouTube videos, posts them all over the rpf. Let me see if I can find him for ya

TXQ BoBF SN Pixel v4

Limited Edition BoBf Saber with Kyberphonic Sound Fonts!

Haha :D yes I have seen your videos on YouTube. The first one you linked was actually what made me consider buying a TXQ saber. I did a quick search in this forum before I started this thread but didn't find anything. I guess three letters are just too short to come up with results :unsure:.

Anyhow I since bought the cheapest neopixel saber with a SN-Pixel v4 on board I could find from a German seller www.nsabers.de, which I believe is just a reseller for TXQSabers.

It still cost 199,- € and is called "Mandalorian". It's a single button saber but the board seems to be the same as used in other two-button sabers and there are some unused leads on it so I think I might just need to flash it with the correct firmware and convert it to two buttons. I need to research that a bit more.

IMG_0046.HEIC_compressed.JPEG

IMG_0009.HEIC_compressed.JPEGIMG_0032.HEIC_compressed.JPEGIMG_0033.HEIC_compressed.JPEGIMG_0030.HEIC_compressed.JPEGIMG_0031.HEIC_compressed.JPEG

I don't like these kind of simplified, abstracted hilt designs but you get what you paid for. I don't plan on using the hilt anyway but assemble my own from parts I've had lying around for years (these projects tend to drag on) and load some custom sounds on it that I had great fun making myself :D.

I still think TXQSabers Hero/BoBF Luke is a beautiful piece and I'm probably going to order one in the future.

I just installed the firmware for a 2-button saber on my board and it works :D. So converting a single-button sn-pixel v4 core to a two-button core or vice versa should be no problem.

Just ordered a clean one from here, they were available on Instagram to answer any questions I had, and until the 31st they have 20% off their already lower than anyone else price, so I got it for $250. They said they ship from Singapore or Hong Kong but have a 10 day turnaround.

Last edited:
Just ordered a clean one from here, they were available on Instagram to answer any questions I had, and until the 31st they have 20% off their already lower than anyone else price, so I got it for $250. They said they ship from Singapore or Hong Kong but have a 10 day turnaround.

The pommel looks funky on those pics.. like it was assembled incorrectly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back