Tusky bio sculpt

hez1

So, I've had a chance to work on this a little lately, and it's fairly well roughed out. I have a couple of changes to make (like the eyes), but at this point I feel I can start detailing. More pics to come as I continue work on it! It won't be fast, as I'm probably going to wait for pics to show up from the movie so I can make sure everything is correct.

Also, I'm thinking about doing a version without the tusks, just slicing off the spot where they'd be mounted. Please give me some feedback on that idea...

IMG_3114.jpg.gif

IMG_3115.jpg.gif

Gota love the new pred film, if only for getting peoples creative juices flowing.

look forward to seeing another sculpt come to life, oh and slice them tusks off and its not a bad bio hehe.

Love the sculpt Paul. :)

A no-tusk version would be a good idea. I would probably add them myself, but they would be short and stubby to avoid being broken off.

Even the version that has tusks will need them to be attached by whoever buys it. I simply don't see any realistic way of shipping it with tusks attached. Unless I make them out of foam. Hmmm...Ideas, ideas...

Great start Paul, I can't wait to see what it looks like WITH the Tusks...lol

For the Tusks what about just using the same formula used to make the fangs on the masks? That way you could get realistic detail out of it. You could attach them the same way that they are on a mask. I agree that the Tusks should be separated while shipping, and the buyer can install them when they purchase the bio.

Other then that, just curious if your sculpting over another bio or a mask. Always curious to see how the sculptors sculpt.

Thanks guys. I started detailing the cheeks last night, I'll post pics when I have something that isn't a horrible mess to show.

I'm not sculpting over another bio or a mask actually, I tried something different this time. I took my Sideshow Celtic and lined the inside with plaster strips (lining the bio with foil first of course), built up a good thickness and then pulled it out. The SS bios are so thick that they create a decent armature this way to sculpt directly on top of.

Thanks guys. I started detailing the cheeks last night, I'll post pics when I have something that isn't a horrible mess to show.

I'm not sculpting over another bio or a mask actually, I tried something different this time. I took my Sideshow Celtic and lined the inside with plaster strips (lining the bio with foil first of course), built up a good thickness and then pulled it out. The SS bios are so thick that they create a decent armature this way to sculpt directly on top of.

That's a good idea Paul. Nice start!

Well, here's some more. Had to redo the cheek cutouts after a brain fart where I failed to take into account the tusks. Tusk pieces are really just place holders, I've just slapped a couple of lumps of clay into the right spot. I've been told that the tusks look pretty cool in the movie, but I still feel it was a lot more elegant before I added those bits. Still, time will tell.

IMG_3146.jpg.gif

IMG_3149.jpg.gif

Hmmm...I dunno about the tusks...just like Mr Black might look cool without the jawbone, this may look good without the tusks altogether. Good job thus far tho...

Hmmm...I dunno about the tusks...just like Mr Black might look cool without the jawbone, this may look good without the tusks altogether. Good job thus far tho...
Well like I said, when it's done I will be demolding as carefully as possible and slicing off the tusks and refinishing that area. And remolding. Will be a nice semi-custom bio then.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back