Tusky bio sculpt

hez said:
If anyone sees any huge error that I've made please feel free to mention it...or really really tiny ones that won't take much fixing. Anything in the middle can go hang.

Going off of what you mentioned concerning the Tusks and making two molds, one with the option for Tusks and a bio without Tusks. All I would say is [and I apologize, I don't know the exact process of molding; never done it just read what your huntorials state] if the clay isn't damaged after pulling it from the mold without the Tusks, there is some breakage around the base of where the Tusks connect to the actual bio. It looks like the Tusk is actual broken the bio at the base. Just something I saw. I don't know if it's in the middle, easy, or tough to fix. I attached a pic of it....sorry, all I have is MSpaint....

Tusky_alteration.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Munson, I think I see what you mean...not sure what to do about it though. It would be nice if I had a shot of the bio from that side, but I've pretty much been working from just 3 pictures. I'll think on it. As far as the tuskless bio goes, I've scrapped that idea. Molds are too expensive. If someone wants one without tusks, I'll happily customise it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Casey, when are we going to see Underbite?

Munson, I think I see what you mean...not sure what to do about it though. It would be nice if I had a shot of the bio from that side, but I've pretty much been working from just 3 pictures. I'll think on it. As far as the tuskless bio goes, I've scrapped that idea. Molds are too expensive. If someone wants one without tusks, I'll happily customise it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Casey, when are we going to see Underbite?

Underbite lol, I like that. I'm reworking a few things on it since the new pics from sideshow came out but I'll be molding it soon. Again, nice job on this one. Are you going to tackle Falconer or should I?

Its looking great Paul! The only thing I can say about it is the cheek cutout areas. In the picks they look thinner and organic. Almost burnt or melted looking. Yours have the right shape but, look too clean. If that made any sense at all.

Scott, I think I see what you mean. I'm not going to be able to mold it till tomorrow now (I need to do a test of the silicone, since I've never used this kind before and it takes 16 hours to cure), so I can play around with it a little. Things always look different in clay too, than they do painted up.

Man, the bio's spot on. Gotta get one of these for myself later on.
Terrific work sir, keep it up!!

Edit
I just realized I must've posted like 10 times this morning/afternoon. So much cool stuff going on today. :)

Great work Paul, looking forward to seeing this finished, as I know will have the first one for sure. So I'll get to see it in the flesh.

Just started the mold tonight. With any luck I could have a cast pulled tomorrow night, but I don't want to rush it, so we'll see!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back