Tusken raider Hero Gaffi (Gaderffii) build, need info.

protocol66

I am making a Hero Gaffi stick(1977 movie) from scratch i have started the wooden part on my lathe, bought some of the metal parts. but now i am questioning the measurements that i have.

total length 54"
lenght wooden part 33 1/4 "
lenght metal 20 3/4"
lenght of pineapple 5.5"
height of the spike 5"
width of the wooden shaft 1.575"
width of metal shaft 1"
lenght of metal spike 4 3/4"

am i far off?

I am making a Hero Gaffi stick(1977 movie) from scratch i have started the wooden part on my lathe, bought some of the metal parts. but now i am questioning the measurements that i have.

total length 54"
lenght wooden part 33 1/4 "
lenght metal 20 3/4"
lenght of pineapple 5.5"
height of the spike 5"
width of the wooden shaft 1.575"
width of metal shaft 1"
lenght of metal spike 4 3/4"

am i far off?
Hi,
your measurements sound reasonable. I guess you got the overall length from the RR Gaffi and transcribed/calculated the other measurements from the Photo? I think you're on the right track. Thats the way i did mine and the appearance of the finished piece looks convincingly close compared to screen stills, even though i gave myself some freedom, e.g. shorter spike, less pointy pineapple points...

Hi,
your measurements sound reasonable. I guess you got the overall length from the RR Gaffi and transcribed/calculated the other measurements from the Photo? I think you're on the right track. Thats the way i did mine and the appearance of the finished piece looks convincingly close compared to screen stills, even though i gave myself some freedom, e.g. shorter spike, less pointy pineapple points...
exactly what i did! would you mind sharing pictures of the one you made?

Not at all:

Tusken30.jpg
Tusken29.jpg
Tusken28.jpg
TUSKEN4.jpg
TUSKEN5.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back