trophy skull necklace

Lflank

This is an aquarium ornament I found at a local Petsmart:

5682244216_83803cacc2.jpg

It's a "sabertooth tiger skull" aquarium ornament, made out of ceramic. I broke off the lower jaw and threaded a thong through the eyeholes.

Looks pretty good. :(

Looks like I will have to pop in to my local pet shop and see what else they have as well very cool find it looks otherworldy at best :)

Looks like I will have to pop in to my local pet shop and see what else they have as well very cool find it looks otherworldy at best :)

The bad thing about it is that it's pretty heavy (it's made from ceramic). One day I'll get around to molding a resin replica, which would be lots lighter.

It also has a tendency to flip around backwards pretty easily, because of the long fangs. Keeping the necklace thong pretty short, helps with that.

The bad thing about it is that it's pretty heavy (it's made from ceramic). One day I'll get around to molding a resin replica, which would be lots lighter.
It also has a tendency to flip around backwards pretty easily, because of the long fangs. Keeping the necklace thong pretty short, helps with that.
That is cool and I appreciate the advice I was just now curious what they may have because I have a pet store right across the street from me.

Nice.....I was considering molding a mini cow skull.........look online they look good too, also here are my skull trophies I use.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find Lflank and very creative.
I picture these being used pretty effectively as a bandoleer.
I imagine, like you said, they would be pretty heavy though.
But a good option nonetheless.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back