trophy skull necklace

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lflank

This is an aquarium ornament I found at a local Petsmart:

5682244216_83803cacc2.jpg

It's a "sabertooth tiger skull" aquarium ornament, made out of ceramic. I broke off the lower jaw and threaded a thong through the eyeholes.

Looks pretty good. :(

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Guan Thwei

Looks like I will have to pop in to my local pet shop and see what else they have as well very cool find it looks otherworldy at best :)

Lflank

Looks like I will have to pop in to my local pet shop and see what else they have as well very cool find it looks otherworldy at best :)

The bad thing about it is that it's pretty heavy (it's made from ceramic). One day I'll get around to molding a resin replica, which would be lots lighter.

It also has a tendency to flip around backwards pretty easily, because of the long fangs. Keeping the necklace thong pretty short, helps with that.

Guan Thwei

The bad thing about it is that it's pretty heavy (it's made from ceramic). One day I'll get around to molding a resin replica, which would be lots lighter.
It also has a tendency to flip around backwards pretty easily, because of the long fangs. Keeping the necklace thong pretty short, helps with that.
That is cool and I appreciate the advice I was just now curious what they may have because I have a pet store right across the street from me.

avpfan7662

Nice.....I was considering molding a mini cow skull.........look online they look good too, also here are my skull trophies I use.......

Last edited by a moderator:

TokyoRose

Good find Lflank and very creative.
I picture these being used pretty effectively as a bandoleer.
I imagine, like you said, they would be pretty heavy though.
But a good option nonetheless.