TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

After finishing my Goth3D internals for my ANH Graflex, I tackled finishing up my force fx Holiday Special this week. As previously posted, I bought a vintage RCA NOS transistor for the activator switch. I then grabbed up a selection of long-post momentary switches to get the correct length post once the transistor was ground down. Now I have 199 more switches, so if anyone needs one, dm me...

82AC833D-4933-43A5-B427-15F7558011BD.jpeg

520BC446-20ED-4335-AC5F-90F04DF5F47D.jpeg

Then glued the can to the top of the post:

4F566381-8951-4DA8-BD17-F273A92E03E7.jpeg

Next, decals...

8B649925-E782-4C14-88F7-FCDC93F65960.jpeg

And of course, solder the switch, E6000 that control box down, and drop into my display box. Thanks for the update, guys!! Love this even more than before, and happy to be one of the small few with a Force FX Holiday Saber!!! Cheers!

8CD3B93E-C74B-4315-919F-E3E24CF3ED14.jpeg

Last edited:
After finishing my Goth3D internals for my ANH Graflex, I tackled finishing up my force fx Holiday Special this week. As previously posted, I bought a vintage RCA NOS transistor for the activator switch. I then grabbed up a selection of long-post momentary switches to get the correct length post once the transistor was ground down. Now I have 199 more switches, so if anyone needs one, dm me...

View attachment 1350908
View attachment 1350909

Then glued the can to the top of the post:

View attachment 1350910

Next, decals...

View attachment 1350913

And of course, solder the switch, E6000 that control box down, and drop into my display box. Thanks for the update, guys!! Love this even more than before, and happy to be one of the small few with a Force FX Holiday Saber!!! Cheers!

View attachment 1350915

You have no idea how much I love this..

You MUST create a HOLIDAY SPECIAL-specific soundfont!

Sadly, this has an over-the-counter board in it that I can't update the font, otherwise I'd take a hack at it! If I ever decided to spend the time on a full internal build with crystal chamber and CFX, then I could put that work in, but it's highly unlikely considering my other projects and guitars I still have to build in the coming months. :)

You have no idea how much I love this..

This is partially your fault for all the work you did in making the YouTube series showing how easy it was to make this, so I'm chuffed you approve! (y) Cheers to you and Trent both, my friend!

Sadly, this has an over-the-counter board in it that I can't update the font, otherwise I'd take a hack at it! If I ever decided to spend the time on a full internal build with crystal chamber and CFX, then I could put that work in, but it's highly unlikely considering my other projects and guitars I still have to build in the coming months. :)

This is partially your fault for all the work you did in making the YouTube series showing how easy it was to make this, so I'm chuffed you approve! (y) Cheers to you and Trent both, my friend!

Dude... you’re making me hunt for another graflite right now.. I need this in my life

This seemed like a good place to leave this...

You've heard of the stubbyflex (esb), and the miniflex (anh), but have you heard of the new JOLLYflex?

Made from a combination of a 2 cell graflite and a graflex graflite style extension.

Attachments

• 20210105_193530.jpg
    20210105_193530.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • 20210105_193512.jpg
    20210105_193512.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
  • 20210105_194223~2.jpg
    20210105_194223~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
Is it possible that the grip section on the Holiday Special saber ... aren't grips at all?
This shot almost makes it look like some kind of plastic sleeve slipped over the tube, which didn't quite fit the diameter, leaving that sliver exposed:

swhs_esquire.jpgswhs_esquire_punchin.jpg

I picked up a graflex 2773, thinking of the holiday special and found this thread. And its been so helpful, thanks guys. I jumped on and got a kit from Trooper Trent, currently on it's way. and I gotta say I'm glad it's a graflex after learning that there are so many variations even in the graphlites, the finish of the graflex versions seem much nicer even if it's not completely screen accurate. I know this is an older thread, but I thought it was worth sounding off and showing some of us still care about this saber. :) as well as shouting out trent and halliwax once again. Btw Halliwax you teased you were getting close to figuring the grips out, any progress? You got me on the edge of my seat. I hope to FX my saber some day after I get all the parts. Every time I look at this saber I just wonder how the heck they arrived where they did. Everything is in the wrong place. The control box is in the wrong orientation, the red bulb is on the side beceause... yeah. It has a black square under the shroud? Why is th shroud two pieces? When Adam Savage talks about making props, especially cobbled ones, it's almost always built from things on hand or for structural reasons. It being from so long ago now though makes it hard to see what normal things were, BUT you guys made a lot of progress. When i first saw it it looked so hideous cause it is supposed to be the classic graflex and is not, but once i started to see it as it's own saber it started to look so cool and also seeing that others thought the same was so awesome. I've also contemplated several times building the saber in a more similar fashion to the original graflex orientation wise. But I probably will jump ship and go the original route. Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back