Tron Legacy Costume

I did a Kevin Flynn about a year ago too.
c79503933207cb285fcea3b1ee4119e8.jpg
fe55928609efbe948ff72b2567e097d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the picture i have been looking for

Does anyone know the model of the jacket please ?

Thanks for your help :)

Looks great! I think you nailed the design details.

Where did you find EL tape that wide? I ended up with 1/2 inch tape which doesn't look nearly as nice.

I got the split electrode el tape and inverter from Shenzhen technology. They also go by and the name PYL and I think it's the 2" wide stuff. Parallel electrode el tape is super fragile and requires like twice the power and is near impossible to solder and keep it airtight.

I was also able to cut a part of the inverter off and rewire it a bit to fit in my 3D printed disco holder too. It's on my thread near the end.

Hey guys, i tryed to reach eloastolite that was the company that provided the lights for the movie but i can't manage to reach on hello@myant.ca as written on the website http://elastolite.com/
Does anybody know their new mail or eventually another company that could provide me a custom size made pannel with power supply ?
Thankies ! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is that Alpinestars jackets have zipper flaps where you can put the lighting panels on both sides and it is probably why those jackets got chosen for the movie.
Does this jacket has it too ?
If it doesn't then there's no much advantage to get it :(

Last edited:
Thing is that Alpinestars jackets have zipper flaps where you can put the lighting panels on both sides and it is probably why those jackets got chosen for the movie.
Does this jacket has it too ?
If it doesn't then there's no much advantage to get it :(

I think at least one person did a costume with the replica. It should have flaps. And I'm sure the jacket makers would be happy to confirm whether or not they are there.

If it does not have them. It is a made-to-order jacket, ask for them to install it.

I think at least one person did a costume with the replica. It should have flaps. And I'm sure the jacket makers would be happy to confirm whether or not they are there.

If it does not have them. It is a made-to-order jacket, ask for them to install it.

I will, plus i will ask them to invert the sleeves zippers too. :)

Edit : Mail sent to them i'll keep you updated to know if they can do it.

Last edited:
I will, plus i will ask them to invert the sleeves zippers too. :)

Edit : Mail sent to them i'll keep you updated to know if they can do it.

Cool. Still interested in this build. But it will be a long-term effort.

I have other costumes in line that need to be finished first.

Just wondering....would anyone be interested in the printed hex fabric from the actual Company that made the costumes for Legacy? I work there from time to time and found that they have a surplus sitting around they might want to sell. No word on price, but I mentioned I would bring it to the masses and see if there is any interest.

Here is a picture
30029884235_c1d8c40509_z.jpg
Resized952016093095131709 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

The usable size is 17" x 27" I'm told it can take as much as 6 panels to make a full costume. The price is $150 per panel of fabric. Depending on demand, they might be able to get more made from the original manufacturer.

What say you? ACTUAL fabric from Tron Legacy, for your costume. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Well now that you've included a ruler what's stopping us from scaling it and reproducing it as a pattern that we can send to spoonflower to be printed far cheaper on our own fabric?

The fact that spoonflower doesn't print dimensionally.

You can achieve the same effect with multiple silkscreen layers. But, 99% of the people out there don't care about it being lightly dimensional and from what I can tell from your picture it's pretty flat. It's nothing like the Man of Steel silicone printed fabric. That stuff is highly dimensional.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back