IMG_0767.JPG

Aligning color-Its not easy being Green regstration on these are tight
IMG_0768.JPG

2 Down 4 to go
IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

continuing colors on Monday I hit the Blue unique Setup on the next 2 colors
sometimes when the colors dont intersect and theres enough room between them
I can group them on the screen and simply tape off the other color to print and vice virsa
to save some setup time.
So last night hitting the blue today Ill be taping off for the red.
so heres that screen shot with the blue and to the inside of that border the red(taped off)
IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

Todays color was brought to you by the letter R
IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_5198.jpg

Next color after screening a full white pass on the back is silver
the silver is absolutly nesacary thats not a reflective in the glass its my drying rack behind it the white screen fills in the TRON letters but with the fine halftone detail the black is very traslucent and because of this process is why the orginal had a silver back to make the black 100% opaque So what you see here in Yellow (open screen) is the silver print area the darker green outlines and fills (emulsion)
will be the only parts not screened silver that will illuminate when backlit
IMG_5200.jpg

Very cool.

I understand the rational for printing on glass (keeping as true to the original as possible), but wouldn't have made more sense to print on Plexi or mylar? When I still had my cabinet, the original marquee was all bubbled from the different rates of expansion/contraction of the glass. The artwork itself, doesn't expand and contract the same, which eventually results in the artwork falling off the glass or bubbling up.

Just curious is all. Great work on the replica/recreation!

Russ

Very cool.

I understand the rational for printing on glass (keeping as true to the original as possible), but wouldn't have made more sense to print on Plexi or mylar? When I still had my cabinet, the original marquee was all bubbled from the different rates of expansion/contraction of the glass. The artwork itself, doesn't expand and contract the same, which eventually results in the artwork falling off the glass or bubbling up.

Just curious is all. Great work on the replica/recreation!

Russ

Good ?
but really it was probably more of a matter of ink quailty of that orginal Example most Atari glass marquess and Bezels have held up far better than those of Bally/Midway or other Mfgs for that matter and would hope the screen inks of today would be better than those over 30 years ago :D

Also went with glass since PhoenixArcade.com had already reproduce the orginal TRON marquee on Plex. so this is a different option for those in both art and material.

nothing to see here...just backscreened white
IMG_5228.jpg

and SILVER is what seperates the men from the boys, making the black 100% opaque
IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

Good ?
but really it was probably more of a matter of ink quailty of that orginal Example most Atari glass marquess and Bezels have held up far better than those of Bally/Midway or other Mfgs for that matter and would hope the screen inks of today would be better than those over 30 years ago :D

The Bally/Midway glass headers I have are pretty much all in bad condition from bubbling/flaking. Tron, Two Tigers... even a Disks of Tron backglass. The DOT sadly is in the WORST condition and one large section has completely delaminated and come free of the glass. :cry

Do you plan on putting a thread up in the junkyard?

Russ

picture2qj.png

The money Shot
IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

No acutally I started this as a preorder with arcade collectors over on the KLOV forum and not sure if Ill have any left

I have more intrest in a 2nd Run
so if any one is Intrested
shoot me a PM for Ordering detail
Silk-Screened Glass Marquee $65
Optional Coin Door Plate $10

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back