Shriker1

So ive been in a different group on facebook and it never really occured to me to share my Proof of concept of the Tron Legacy Identity Disc. I had this Disc modified with Soulinertia's Disc mod set by another person a long time ago. but when i got my disc back it was warped really bad. in recent months i went to fix it up, and got it ok. its mainly the effects i wanted to focus on anyways.

Last edited:
What is the 'proof of concept here'? (I'm not following?) Is this a -new- disc style or something? What is different? What is new? (looks like a normal disc to me?)

Are these custom 'electronics' you made? Or using a another 'sound board' from someone else? (CFX or something?)

Metal disc would be awesome.. (depending on price, which I'm guessing wont be cheap?)...

General/rough price from the machine shop? (qty dependent?)

I have the Soulinertia stuff but never got around to finishing it. This looks hella cool. Definitely interested!

Wow, love this. The light FX are awesome, are these yours? I remember reading about the Soulinertia kit but never got one. I do have the disc sitting around, would be awesome to mod it with a kit like that. Would love a metal one, but as xl97 mentioned, I'm sure that won't be cheap. Will def keep an eye on this thread.

What is the 'proof of concept here'? (I'm not following?) Is this a -new- disc style or something? What is different? What is new? (looks like a normal disc to me?)

Are these custom 'electronics' you made? Or using a another 'sound board' from someone else? (CFX or something?)

Metal disc would be awesome.. (depending on price, which I'm guessing wont be cheap?)...

General/rough price from the machine shop? (qty dependent?)
As I have said nothing is official just yet, we are working on a design at the moment. I can’t disclose too much more. As for the proof of concept, it was made with a proffieboard which I believe I’m the first to do so with a tron disc. I don’t know let me know if I need to change the title or something.

yeah.. Proffieboard... (nice) IMHO.. a better CFX (although not sure what advantages (feature wise) in a 'disc' mode vs a 'saber' mode... I guess smoothswing stuff still applies here?

Was there much 'code' altering? (I wouldnt image so?)..

Did you make the sound font yourself too? (or purchased @ scum-bad/thieves fontseller .com or something?)

Still like know more about the metal disc when more info is available for sure.

Thanks

Last edited:
yeah.. Proffieboard... (nice) IMHO.. a better CFX (although not sure what advantages (feature wise) in a 'disc' mode vs a 'saber' mode... I guess smoothswing stuff still applies here?

Was there much 'code' altering? (I wouldnt image so?)..

Did you make the sound font yourself too? (or purchased @ SaberFront or something?)

Still like know more about the metal disc when more info is available for sure.

Thanks
It’s basically wired just like a saber with two blades.
Not much code altering except for using a premade config file and editing the styles with style editor.
Base sound font is the tron disc font by novastar, Added swings from a cross guard font By I can’t remember who, but I replaced those sounds for kyberphonics Dark font swings, sounds a bit better

Definitely love the lighting and sound effects. I’ve always wanted to do the same with mine. Would love to know more about the metal disc when the time comes! But I hope you’re not basing the size off the toy disc as they’re undersized by a bit!

Definitely love the lighting and sound effects. I’ve always wanted to do the same with mine. Would love to know more about the metal disc when the time comes! But I hope you’re not basing the size off the toy disc as they’re undersized by a bit!
Wait they are undersized? i would like to know more

Yeah. The toy version is undersized by about an inch in diameter. The toy is closer in size to the female actors discs. This is a cast from a screen used male actor disc. Notably larger compared to the toy.
574A0ECB-92A4-4074-9020-13D13C031340.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back