Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Review *spoilers*

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, and I don't care if they fu** up the characters and plots from time to time, (thay did that alot (do still?) in the comics and cartoons) but I am WTF-numbed several times during the film. (I had top make up this new expression to explain how one can be so WTF'd by a scene that the pure illogicalness of it doesn't hit the brain before one gets WTF numbed by the next scene. There is a wide gray area between comparing stuff to Shakespeare (which I think was a funny writer in himself) and this. There is no coherent story in Dark of the Moon at all. You can't write a coherent summary or synopsis of the story without leaving out enough material to make a three season TV-series.
On the other hand, it gives the movie a lot of rewatch-value, as you can't possibly notice all the little details the first 11 times you see it :)
I kinda like it better than the previous one :p
Edit: Seriously, Optimus flies straight through and kills a snake/mole monster and kills it (and as we have learned, human weapons can hardly harm a Decepticon), then gets entangled in steel wires for an hour?

Last edited:
Here's your plot summary.

Giant Robots fighting.

Why does it need anything more than that?

The original cartoons are on HUB now. I've watched them everyday for a month now.

They are terrible by any real standard of quality. Certainly WORSE then these three movies. But they are still FUN to watch.

Try to have some FUN at the movies folks.

I am watching it again with my 12 year old daughter as I write, who likes Justin Bieber and the Twilight movies right now, and even if we are truly enjoying the carnage, I can literally feel my brain hurting :p
The first thing she said was 'where were all these decepticons during the first two movies' :p

Here's your plot summary.

Giant Robots fighting.

Why does it need anything more than that?

Oh, no. I don't hate the Transformers movies because they aren't more than just giant robots fighting, I hate them because they ARE more than just giant robots fighting.

When I want to see a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger do nothing but fight bad guys and blow crap up, his movies will deliver just that.

But when I want to see a movie where giant robots fighting each other, I don't want to see time wasting moments like this.

ScreenShot2011-12-11at42842PM.png

Or this...

ScreenShot2011-12-11at75658PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-12at125632PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-12at125858PM.png

And while I'm at it, this...

ScreenShot2011-12-12at125813PM.png

Shades of the Challenger explosion in a movie that many write off as just giant robots fighting each other. What movie did you see that just had giant robots fighting each other with nothing more than that? I'd love to see it.

P.S. Thanks Agony Booth for the screens

Last edited:
I must admit I enjoyed the Transformers films very much but the toilet humor spoiled it a lot.

So when people claim that the film is awful because of said humor I have little recourse because I actually agree with that.

Just saw this movie this afternoon and all I can say is 'wow'. :eek

Necroing again, but yeah, me too. Bought it a week ago, tried to watch it for my kid's sake, couldn't. Tried again, still couldn't. Tried a third time and somehow stuck it out all the way through (it seems endless).

I feel concussed. I have to express it. It may be the strangest film I've ever seen, including Liquid Sky.

And I enjoyed it. I think. It's sort of hard to tell, but I'm really seeing this whole Post-Good Cinema thing as, well, a thing now. It works! At least on a Beer, Pizza and Bad Movies Night level. Possibly more than that. It tips the wink the entire running time. It doesn't just revel in being a bad film, it shouts it from the rooftops. It all but has characters break the fourth wall and tell you "this is just a dumb sci fi movie". In fact it DOES do that, very nearly.

Never imagined that he could top that in terms of sheer stupidity and incoherence. 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' was more well thought out and paced, and I can honestly say that without the slightest hint of sarcasm or irony.

It really was that bad.

As far as I can tell, it's completely insane. Literally. Several characters behave as if they have quite severe mental illnesses, including the robots. Actually more than several. In some cases they're quite open about this; if I recall correctly it's even acknowledged outright in one case.

The movie itself essentially dispenses with such trite, dated concepts as continuity and plot. The whole thing provides equal amounts of entertainment under the headings "spectacle" and "baffling WTF moments".

You just have to go into it primed to enjoy a bunch of baffling WTF moments in addition to the lovingly rendered carnage and you're golden. You really don't even need a bong. The film pitches you into a stoned-like state willy nilly anyway.

Usually Bay's movies are like a stitched together collection of 3 minute scenes that have no relevance to each other and only make sense on their own. But this time he didn't even have that. Even the 3 minute segments were a complete mess.

You do have to wonder whether the guy at this point could still direct a coherent pop video.

This wasn't just a bad movie. It was incompetent and inept on a completely staggering level.

Except it wasn't. Results speak for themselves and the total box office broke $1.1 billion.

Agree with Zykotec and Jeyl too. But I also agree with Otter's link.

Bay has proven his genius - it's that he's shown the world can and will lap up any swill he dishes out. He doesn't even need to try. It's the render farms, stupid.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back