Interest Top Gun: Maverick Flight Suit with Patches!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

New Top Gun movie coming out soon, I'm looking at making screen accurate original/older Maverick Flight Suit with Patches.
Who'd be interested in?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention about the which version suit, I was wondering about original movie flight suit.
Top Gun Maverick Flight Suit.jpg

Last edited:
Tom Cruise worn flight suits for first Top Gun movie were sold at auction. You will have to deep dive the internet and do the research in order to get solid info. Good luck on your project. You can also check EBay a few sellers have the patch sets, but not sure how screen accurate they might be.

Hello everyone,
I just found some good reference images along with patches.
Please let me correct if I'm making mistake.
It's olive green Navy flight suit and it has 7 patches.
Do you think those patches have correct colors?
ELS Flightsuit.jpg
ELS Patches.jpg

We are working on sample.
Here are a few images.

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_101631_160.jpg
    IMG_20220627_101631_160.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20220627_100510_284.jpg
    IMG_20220627_100510_284.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 146
Which version of the flightsuit are you doing? Maverick wears three different ones in the 1986 film. "Pre-graduation", "post-crash", and "post-graduation". From the patches you've done, it looks like you're doing the "pre-graduation" flightsuit. If so, the border for your flag patch should be white. Mav doesn't wear a gold-bordered flag patch in the first film.

Which version of the flightsuit are you doing? Maverick wears three different ones in the 1986 film. "Pre-graduation", "post-crash", and "post-graduation". From the patches you've done, it looks like you're doing the "pre-graduation" flightsuit. If so, the border for your flag patch should be white. Mav doesn't wear a gold-bordered flag patch in the first film.
Thank you for pointing this error.
Yes, this is pre-graduation" flightsuit, and I'll change the flag patch shortly.

Hey,
We have done our first sample, I'll share the images by tomorrow.
Currently I have to change the wrong patches.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back