Limited Run Clan Saber Craft #1: Mace-Fisto-Koth-Gallia-Gun Di

The one thing i was nervous about the purple rivets just got cleared

rivets customs.jpg

:love::love::love:

Rivets should be here early next week.

Hello Everyone.

So after looking closely to the purple rivets I found that they had a flat spot on the top... This bothered me like crazy. So I went back and looked for other options and found that I had selected the wrong head type. I picked mushroom head but I shoud have picked a round or snap head. I went back and ordered more cause I just dont like these. You know that thing that not every one will notice but you know its there and the OCD kicks in?
1711155667105.jpg

Well the new rivets arrived, and what it seemed like i solved one problem... It actually solved 3. I was smart enough (this time) to pick several sizes just in case and when i opened the box I saw something magical.
1711155667348.jpg1711155667266.jpg1711155667184.jpg

There were 2 different tones of purple/violet and this is something that I had wondered why the original prop had 2 tones of purple.
1711155667306.jpg

The final problem solved is that the head diameter on these, is slightly smaller than the mushroom; which to me it was making me wonder if i needed to increase the size of the knob or not... turns out thast these are the perfect size.
1711156708445 (1).jpg

So yes I am super happy, which means you will get the screen accurate rivets on the Eeth Koth /Gallia hilt.
1711156708389.jpg

1711156708178.jpg

Note that this is still the 3d printed hilt. The prototypes are not done yet. One more week to go. Also note that the bottom rivet for some reason in camera and screen looks more blue than it really is. In person that blue changes between purple and blue hues. You can see in the bag how they change in tone more purple than blue
1711158298513.png

I can confidently say that these rivets are the same type, head and body diameter as well as anodizing colors used on the prequel hilt.

Latest update on the prototypes. Its taking longer than expected since I ordered 1 of each type. This is the message i received from the shop."
There is a bit delay, currently some parts have been finished and are in the surface treatment process, for some parts, the lathe machining process will be finished soon and we will arrange the milling process accordingly, will take more photos for you to check when the machining process for one part is totally finished later (should be on 7th or 8th)

Also, we will be on Qingming Festival from Apr.4th to 6th and be back 7th, based on current situation, we expect to have the samples completed around Apr.12th, will keep you updated later.

Is the cin drallig hilt interest list next? Because you've don't interest list for basically the 2 sabers it's made up off. (I know the body section is slightly different to shaak ti.) Thanks

Is the cin drallig hilt interest list next? Because you've don't interest list for basically the 2 sabers it's made up off. (I know the body section is slightly different to shaak ti.) Thanks
Hi thats a very good question. The Cin Drallig is something that Im still figuring out the approach. There is essentially 4 saber designs: Stunt (Nick Gillards), The Lightsabers collection book design 1 (Cin Drallig artwork) and 2( 3d rendered hilt) & the clonewars version (not really seen well).

Stunt
IMG_0776.jpeg

Book 1
drallig003.jpg

Book 2
Cindrallig.png
Clonewars
Cindrallig003.jpg

Im probably going to make 2, the Stunt and the Book 1 version but probably using the shaak ti body, and fisto parts in brass.

Last edited:
I was hoping for book 2 version. But any1 of them will be amazing it's a hilt I've been after for ages and to be done right. Can't wait for this 1. Thanks again

Here is a quick update on the samples. Shop said they will finish this week as promised.
View attachment 1808179View attachment 1808180View attachment 1808182View attachment 1808181

Just something I noticed is that the grip section (second picture posted here) on these samples appear to only have 7 grooves compared with the 3d printed model and original prop that have 8 grooves.

Am I miscounting or something? Your 3d printed model was correct, but unless I'm missing something, these appear to have only 7 grooves.

Apologies if I'm not seeing it correctly.

Just something I noticed is that the grip section (second picture posted here) on these samples appear to only have 7 grooves compared with the 3d printed model and original prop that have 8 grooves.

Am I miscounting or something? Your 3d printed model was correct, but unless I'm missing something, these appear to have only 7 grooves.

Apologies if I'm not seeing it correctly.
They forgot to add the clocking ring to the assembly, the clocking ring is the 8th groove. The clocking rings are on the third pic. The purpose of them is to properly align the rivet section with the top section buttons.
1712589496065.png

don't worry those parts still need features to be added, but to your question it was just assembled incorrectly.

Here is how the grip assembly goes:
1712590039169.png

1712590006767.png

If you are not planning on swapping parts out, once you have the proper clocking just add some thread locker so that ring is fixed and that should be it.

Ah ok great, thanks for the explanation. Just more complicated design than I expected.

I remember making this saber on my wood lathe as a kid so many times that I still have some of the details memorized.

Looks great, very much looking forward to them!

Ah ok great, thanks for the explanation. Just more complicated design than I expected.

I remember making this saber on my wood lathe as a kid so many times that I still have some of the details memorized.

Looks great, very much looking forward to them!
No problem. Please ask any more questions you might have.

The design is a little bit more complex because of the extra feature of swapable parts. I wanted to have that flexibility for the DIY'rs without affecting accuracy.

Have any pics of those wooden versions you did? Love to see them. I didn't have any skills nor tools when i was a kid so I resorted to broom sticks with masking and electrical tap as a handle.

No problem. Please ask any more questions you might have.

The design is a little bit more complex because of the extra feature of swapable parts. I wanted to have that flexibility for the DIY'rs without affecting accuracy.

Have any pics of those wooden versions you did? Love to see them. I didn't have any skills nor tools when i was a kid so I resorted to broom sticks with masking and electrical tap as a handle.

I don't have any pictures at the moment but I probably can take some next time I'm at my parents house. My dad still has the lathe and a bunch of the fisto hilts that I used to make. I used to make the Fisto and Mundi hilts the most because they were the most doable on a small wood lathe. Everything else needed more complex tools.

Hi thats a very good question. The Cin Drallig is something that Im still figuring out the approach. There is essentially 4 saber designs: Stunt (Nick Gillards), The Lightsabers collection book design 1 (Cin Drallig artwork) and 2( 3d rendered hilt) & the clonewars version (not really seen well).

Stunt
View attachment 1807956
Book 1
View attachment 1807957
Book 2
View attachment 1807958
Clonewars
View attachment 1807960

Im probably going to make 2, the Stunt and the Book 1 version but probably using the shaak ti body, and fisto parts in brass.
Sorry to go back to thus, but doesn't thus have a longer neck/grip section than shaak ti version? Above control box/greeblies

Sorry to go back to thus, but doesn't thus have a longer neck/grip section than shaak ti version? Above control box/greeblies
No worries, but let's talk about this on the Cin Drallig Thread: Here

since they will be different projects.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back