Tomenosuke BR blaster versions- What are the differences?

So,I thought I'd tease with two photos.Apologies for the quality.My camera maybe just isn't that great, but I'll try to take better pictures when I can. One is the Off-World PKD copy.Right off the bat I know you guys will notice the major differences. The grips are wrong shape/size and color and its also "all black".Its pretty light weight (lots of plastic),but it is semi functional.All the red LEDs light up,the bolt pulls back,the barrel rolls out/spins.So a little pricey for being "half a PKD" I.M.O.Not the worst copy,but not the best.Again,that's "just me". The other photo is my R.C PKD. HUGE difference and much,much more accurate I believe.Its also a great deal heavier,so its got some mass to it for sure.Everything works on the R.C copy.All the red and green LED's switch on and again,almost 100% fully functional.The double trigger pulls back and sets(although I'm told not to play with it too much or it will break) and the primary trigger pulls and snaps back.Also the bolt and breech pull back and open and the barrel can be released and it rolls out and spins.It seems a "little stiff*,but maybe that is just me?Anyway,just sharing my toys and maybe sometime later I'll pick up the Tomesuke.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 178
The only accurate one is BLADE RUNNER BLASTER TOMENOSUKE HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION 1/150. There is one on Ebay for $1,080.00 which is a great price. There is another but it is way overpriced.

This one is the only one with an accurate finish having the barrel blued. It is built to be an AFB version and then you leave it or mod it to look like his blaster during production.

The real blaster today looks nothing like it did for filming. I have pics of it from before filming began and you can google it of course.

So if you want to start off with it finished right that's the one.

The other great one was the very first one which came with a similar nice blue finish but not as good as the HCG exclusive and it had the wrong color grips commonly called the "rootbeer" grips. You will also find them on later models as guys bought later models, switched the grips and re-sold them to unsuspecting people.

The rest of the models,,,,,, Let me just say all the models are awesome and all pretty much the same except for the finish. There are minute details they brag about fixing but I owned the first and a later model and could not see any difference. Now I have just the HCG and it's perfect. The later models have inaccurate gun metal finishes including the 2049 and even the more expensive latest version, the "2019" is not nearly as accurate as the HGC.

Okay no hate, just my opinion so nobody get made.
Could you rank them by screen accurate? Every one told me the new og is.most accurate,they even claim it in the description

IMO only the HCG "As First built" is the most accurate.

The real blaster had a blued top. The very first model had a nice blued top as well but had the wrong colored famous "Root bear grips"

I think any of these are awesome and can be made into whatever version you want.

The weathering on the 2019 version is not accurate, or more precise is not enough. If you want a screen accurate version as it was during filming get one of the very limited HCG AFB version and match the weathering yourself.

The most important stuff to get right are the scratches in the bottom, front, and back of the grip. Then the trigger and trigger guard. Then lightly do the top. On my HCG I am only doing the grip area and trigger guard area. Not touching the top.

All my humble opinion only. No one should get triggered. Get it? Triggered talking about a gun with two triggers!!!!! That's funny stuff right there. :p :D :love:

This is the real prop at the start of production.

1627746597679.png

1627746665378.png

I don't want to do it myself is the thing so what's the second most accurate already assembled blaster? Cause the one you're talking about is impossible to find.

Here is a pic of one of our members OG version from the thread below.

1627751731513.png

If you look in the thread there are more pics.

If you don't want to do any work on it yourself this is your best bet short of the hard to find HCG As First Built. As you mentioned, not cheap..

This OG actually has good weathering around the trigger guard and trigger and some on the front and back of the grips. However there are no scratches on the bottom of the grip and the slide is not a blue as it should be, but still an awesome piece.

The 2049 is a great choice as you can learn how to blue on youtube, get a $20 kit and go to work. If it is not right the first time, and it won't be, strip it and do it again. Or just get any finished blaster and leave it alone. It's like having twins or triplets. You can tell them apart but you love them equally.

So in conclusion none are the most accurate. :eek:

just wait for the next one to be released. every time they release a new one, that will be the most accurate one available. that's what the always say.:rolleyes:

I think so. What does OG stand for? Oogle Gun? Outstanding gun?
I am guessing

If you don't want to do any work on it yourself this is your best bet short of the hard to find HCG As First Built. As you mentioned, not cheap..

This OG actually has good weathering around the trigger guard and trigger and some on the front and back of the grips. However there are no scratches on the bottom of the grip and the slide is not a blue as it should be, but still an awesome piece.

The 2049 is a great choice as you can learn how to blue on youtube, get a $20 kit and go to work. If it is not right the first time, and it won't be, strip it and do it again. Or just get any finished blaster and leave it alone. It's like having twins or triplets. You can tell them apart but you love them equally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-132407_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-132407_Google.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

So just got.mine, is it normal.for the revolver part where the bullets go to shake around.when I shake the gun? And the lever part from the sniper is pretty easy to open...

Yes, the lever on all Tomen’s is loose. This is because the lever on the real gun is also, famously, loose.
As to things rattling when you shake it the answer is to not shake it.

So just got.mine, is it normal.for the revolver part where the bullets go to shake around.when I shake the gun? And the lever part from the sniper is pretty easy to open...

Mine does not. The Rifle bolt lever flops around. I really wish they had made that lock in, but as has been said that would not be screen accurate. If I am holding the bolt down nothing else seems to shake. A little movement but it is several guns and numerous add ons all stuck together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back