Tomenosuke BR blaster versions- What are the differences?

It looks like maybe one of Raceprops kits that someone put together really bad, did not finish the parts, etc.

But wait,
It gets better.

So after I dropped off the package for return at FedEx i decided to check the tracking number of the return label the guy gave me.
Fed Ex says it doesnt exist.

So I went back inside the FedEx store and and asked the woman behind the counter if that is normal.
She said the system would at least show that the label was created.
The system showed that the label even doesnt exist.
She looked at the label and said it doesnt look like a legit label.

I will be using a return label provided by Ebay instead.

I just called Ebay and they told me the that the payment I made to the seller has already been frozen and will not be released until the issue is resolved.

Hmmmm

Yeah. That’s not a tomenosuke. The tell tale sign is the soft lettering which is from a cast. The tomensuke lettering is extremely sharp - possibly because of laser etching. Basically everything on a tomenosuke is very sharp.

Also there are two types of bluing from tomenosuke and both types don’t reveal any inconsistencies. The first type is a smooth and super shiny version, and more expensive. The second one has a matte grey finish that is still nice. The second photo is the more expensive finish.

Also like jamesfett suggested, consider buying a kit to assemble on your own. It’s roughly $699. However note that the trigger assembly is not easy.

Attachments

• 157A13C7-574F-4752-9F8A-C9440B6FDD69.jpeg
    157A13C7-574F-4752-9F8A-C9440B6FDD69.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 9917BB84-6F25-41BA-8E59-FC906BDA23B4.jpeg
    9917BB84-6F25-41BA-8E59-FC906BDA23B4.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
WTF!!!
I own the 2049 but the one that was not licensed by the film but made by Tomenosuke
and I examined my gun thoroughly and taken it apart a few times, so, I know this blaster pretty good

And this &^~$$^&# seller tried to scam you. Tried to switch the Tomenoosuke with a garage kit and hopefully no one would notice.
please keep us posted

Yeah. That’s not a tomenosuke. The tell tale sign is the soft lettering which is from a cast. The tomensuke lettering is extremely sharp - possibly because of laser etching. Basically everything on a tomenosuke is very sharp.

Also there are two types of bluing from tomenosuke and both types don’t reveal any inconsistencies. The first type is a smooth and super shiny version, and more expensive. The second one has a matte grey finish that is still nice. The second photo is the more expensive finish.

Also like jamesfett suggested, consider buying a kit to assemble on your own. It’s roughly $699. However note that the trigger assembly is not easy.

I May just get the 2049 available it HCG.
I think my days of dealing with secondary market sellers is over.
I just wanted s nice BR blaster for my collection. I can accept the matte finish on the 2049 version.

the barrel is crooked and jammed and does not slide out when unlocked and does not rotate when trigger is pulled.

The barrel only comes out about 1/4” and doesnt even rotate. I cant even load the bullets.

Dude... THIS is the barrel:

Tomen barrel.jpg

This is the CYLINDER:

Tomen cylinder.jpg

Proper nomenclature is important (y) :)

Also, when you finally get a decent example (and I hope that you end up with a good one that you're happy with), know that the bolt doesn't move all that much - there's very little travel to it. This is the extent of it:

Tomen bolt.jpg

Wow! I agree that is not Tomenosuke. That guy totally was trying to scam an unsuspecting buyer.

I would also be wary of his response to the claim when he receives the package. I am curious if he will claim that he sent a real one and YOU tried to return this shoddy garage kit and scam HIM.

Last edited:
I saw one that sold last week on eBay and I suspect this was the one you bought as the price lines up with what you said you paid. If it is the seller, I believe his feedback will say all you need to know about who you are dealing with. 71 Negatives and 158 neutrals in the past 12 months.
F42C9480-6503-4C04-8003-A65C167750E8.jpeg

I saw one that sold last week on eBay and I suspect this was the one you bought as the price lines up with what you said you paid. If it is the seller, I believe his feedback will say all you need to know about who you are dealing with. 71 Negatives and 158 neutrals in the past 12 months.
View attachment 1264920

Yeah. I checked his rating percentage which was 98% positive.
Didnt realize all the negative marks in the last 12 months.

This looks like one of those junk blasters from Italy with a few different screws. The casting flaws across the STEYR stamping is exactly the same in their auction listings as it is on the one you were sent. Same awkward looking gap in the cylinder cover for the bolt too.

Edit: Might be pieced together from a few different blasters.

Last edited:
This looks like one of those junk blasters from Italy with a few different screws. The casting flaws across the STEYR stamping is exactly the same in their auction listings as it is on the one you were sent. Same awkward looking gap in the cylinder cover for the bolt too.

Edit: Might be pieced together from a few different blasters.

I have no idea what it was made from but it was garbage.

FWIW I ordered a Tomenosuke from HCG.
Didnt realize it but HGC is 20 minutes from where I live. Lol

View attachment 1264920

Ebay shouldn't allow someone with that many negatives to continually sell. Obviously they are making their 10% of everything so it doesn't matter but I rarely if ever buy from someone with more than two negative feedback reviews. Typically one is enough for me to steer clear.

Looking on HCG's site, the 2019 and 2049 version look the same to me, but the Ford signature edition looks shinier. What's the consensus on which version most closely resembles the original blaster seen in 1982?

that's more like it.the real deal looks so much better than what that fool tried to palm off on you.you'll be happy with that one.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back