Tomenosuke BR blaster versions- What are the differences?

The only accurate one is BLADE RUNNER BLASTER TOMENOSUKE HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION 1/150. There is one on Ebay for $1,080.00 which is a great price. There is another but it is way overpriced.

This one is the only one with an accurate finish having the barrel blued. It is built to be an AFB version and then you leave it or mod it to look like his blaster during production.

The real blaster today looks nothing like it did for filming. I have pics of it from before filming began and you can google it of course.

So if you want to start off with it finished right that's the one.

The other great one was the very first one which came with a similar nice blue finish but not as good as the HCG exclusive and it had the wrong color grips commonly called the "rootbeer" grips. You will also find them on later models as guys bought later models, switched the grips and re-sold them to unsuspecting people.

The rest of the models,,,,,, Let me just say all the models are awesome and all pretty much the same except for the finish. There are minute details they brag about fixing but I owned the first and a later model and could not see any difference. Now I have just the HCG and it's perfect. The later models have inaccurate gun metal finishes including the 2049 and even the more expensive latest version, the "2019" is not nearly as accurate as the HGC.

Okay no hate, just my opinion so nobody get made.

The only accurate one is BLADE RUNNER BLASTER TOMENOSUKE HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION 1/150. There is one on Ebay for $1,080.00 which is a great price. There is another but it is way overpriced.

This one is the only one with an accurate finish having the barrel blued. It is built to be an AFB version and then you leave it or mod it to look like his blaster during production.

The real blaster today looks nothing like it did for filming. I have pics of it from before filming began and you can google it of course.

So if you want to start off with it finished right that's the one.

The other great one was the very first one which came with a similar nice blue finish but not as good as the HCG exclusive and it had the wrong color grips commonly called the "rootbeer" grips. You will also find them on later models as guys bought later models, switched the grips and re-sold them to unsuspecting people.

The rest of the models,,,,,, Let me just say all the models are awesome and all pretty much the same except for the finish. There are minute details they brag about fixing but I owned the first and a later model and could not see any difference. Now I have just the HCG and it's perfect. The later models have inaccurate gun metal finishes including the 2049 and even the more expensive latest version, the "2019" is not nearly as accurate as the HGC.

Okay no hate, just my opinion so nobody get made.
Hey. Is there any way you can ling to the blaster on ebay? if it still is there

Here is the very first offering that I think is the second most accurate, You would just need to replace the grips which are offered from numerous places now. This one seems to have a problem with the finish but just to give you an idea.

Here is the best one IMO, however this is a recent listing and way over priced IMO. Hell I will sell you mine for this price.

Just get any Tomenosuke and re-finish it to your liking. I own this version and this is crazy overpriced.

Best one IMO is the 2019 blaster, the most accurate, and in second I'd say the movie prop version but I turned mine into a police edition (no light switch clean look) but they are all the same with such little difference.

Attachments

• 20220508_172605.jpg
    20220508_172605.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 20220508_172702.jpg
    20220508_172702.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
  • 20220508_173127.jpg
    20220508_173127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • 20220508_173116.jpg
    20220508_173116.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 137
  • 20220508_173419.jpg
    20220508_173419.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
For me the Coyle is the most accurate (y) (y) :cool: :cool:
For sure Coyle did a great job on that model but I'm not totally convinced regarding the upper part of the grips......they look too wide compared to the Tomenosuke and I think it gives "weight" to the piece if you see what I mean....

Hey guys!

Does the 2049 “movie prop” version have the correct blued barrel?

Safe to buy on eBay from Japan? Currently they are $1200 or so.

Or is it still the “HCG Exclusive” (1/150)…?
Those seem to be priced around $3000?

Trying to get a blaster that’s the right color. :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• A6CAEE82-DD61-493C-AEB6-17BE7386178E.jpeg
    A6CAEE82-DD61-493C-AEB6-17BE7386178E.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 3682D1E7-0670-440B-8751-4EBCFEA2B57A.jpeg
    3682D1E7-0670-440B-8751-4EBCFEA2B57A.jpeg
    869.4 KB · Views: 68
Richard Coyle claimed there was no blueing on the upper barrel piece on the S.U. piece.....

I love Rich. I owned two of his blasters. Awesome, but not as good as Tomenosuke. His grips were too small for one thing. Anyway Rich has been insisting that for years and I have no idea why. There is one picture where the light is hitting the blaster and it looks like his blasters. Basically a silver finish. He was very happy after years of insisting it was not blued to find this pic, but it's the light as the other ten million pictures and the film itself shows it's blued. Rich has seen the pics below as well. People have discussed this with him at length.

Here is the blaster on the first day of filming compared to it now. The bottom two show it on first day of filming on both sides. If someone can not see the blue finish I really don't know what to say. When these pics came out I figured that was the end of it, but even after seeing these Rich still insisted that the blaster looked like his, his which could not be blued BTW.

1667487534048.jpeg

1667487553403.jpeg

1667487567201.jpeg

Hey guys!

Does the 2049 “movie prop” version have the correct blued barrel?

Safe to buy on eBay from Japan? Currently they are $1200 or so.

Or is it still the “HCG Exclusive” (1/150)…?
Those seem to be priced around $3000?

Trying to get a blaster that’s the right color. :)

Thanks!

No, and no. Japan is a risk. I have gotten great stuff but we have had some members get really screwed.

On the other hand if it's wrong Paypal will take care of it.

The finish is just a flat gun metal. Deckard's blaster is blued in 2049 I believe?????? Only saw it once.

When you get it just refinish the top. Nice thing is you can do it over and over until you get it right.

I believe Tomenosuke provided them and then the prop master "misspoke" and said they built them from scratch, if I remember correctly???????

Great site on the original prop. Lots of pics.

Full timeline for the creation of the original gun here;

A lot of great reading. Thanks.

Yeah…I really like my Tomy, but I’ve always thought the original had the bluing (and wondered why the Tomy didn’t!) and then I saw this pic on Pinterest the other day and it got me thinking…I need a more accurate blaster!

Maybe I just blue the one I got, and get one of those fancy metal replacement barrels while I’m at it?!

Attachments

• 0756D7DD-2469-479C-BA7C-3F6DFFB6E195.jpeg
    0756D7DD-2469-479C-BA7C-3F6DFFB6E195.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back