TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: TMP Iron Man Costume. NEW PHOTOS 30TH NOV.09 PAGE 53 & 54

in the spirit of sharing as is common place here ..............Especially since the future sales will not be offered.

Biker

I agree in the rpf spirit with the suit withdrawn from sale it would be good to see all the reference material and methods that went into getting this project up to this point, :thumbsup

I beleive the secrets should be left for TMP and his team. It is an exemplary suit and should be kept as they have now.

so the suit has been withdrawn from sale, but what about helmet kits? any chance of getting the motorized face / jaw and lights action in a TMP helmet? or is all of this withdrawn also?

Thank you for the offer... That would be intresting. However i am trying to get in direct contact with the creative department :)

Last edited:

If only I could afford that thing, it would be mine. Not so much cause I look like Robert Downey Jr. but because it would provide better ventillation at costume events.

Wow Andy ,you look like RDJr?!
I haven't seen any new pics of you in a while I guess you should post some.Maybe I can go to your place and have a photo Op!
I'd be the envy of a few friends :lol
cheers:thumbsup
If only I could afford that thing, it would be mine. Not so much cause I look like Robert Downey Jr. but because it would provide better ventillation at costume events.

Wow Andy ,you look like RDJr?!
I haven't seen any new pics of you in a while I guess you should post some.Maybe I can go to your place and have a photo Op!
I'd be the envy of a few friends :lol
cheers:thumbsup

No, I don't look like RDJ. I meant I wouldn't need the face to open so people can see a RDJ look a like, I meant if the face opened then I'd have better ventillation overall. Right now I just have Kim blow air through my cheek vents with one of those mini battery powered fans. Works decent, but not like full open face venting! ;)

My apologies Andy :p I misunderstood your post.Now I know what you mean :) It would be nice to have one of Johns Helmets.hopefuly one of this days he'll start offering them here.
No, I don't look like RDJ. I meant I wouldn't need the face to open so people can see a RDJ look a like, I meant if the face opened then I'd have better ventillation overall. Right now I just have Kim blow air through my cheek vents with one of those mini battery powered fans. Works decent, but not like full open face venting! ;)

Perfecting a suit never stops... So this is what we been doing lately.

New smaller and redetailed chest. Better fit arround the chest.
24728_418523057813_529327813_5613912_1454825_n.jpg

24728_418523062813_529327813_5613913_570063_n.jpg

New Upper legs smaller than the older ones that was to wide.
The new legs smaller and are closer to the 1st and 2nd generation sizes.
Here you se comparisson with the Generation 3.V1. to the left and the New improved lets call it Generation 3.V2. to the Right. As you se its a big difference in size.
24728_418523067813_529327813_5613914_2127316_n.jpg

24728_418523077813_529327813_5613916_2137298_n.jpg

24728_418523072813_529327813_5613915_5385824_n.jpg

Bellow you can compare them with the Generation 3.V1. sculpt to above Generation 3.V2.
17444_278537877813_529327813_4920193_3556138_n.jpg

a just too great suit

all this details and craftmanship in every single piece

Very cool indeed, this improving on a project that was allready perfect, craftmanship to the next level :)

Sorry this armor is not for sale.

We have earlier been in dialog with Paramount and have a good relations with them. Paramount and UIP wanted to use our creation in the promotion of Ironman 2 movie. We provided ideas of use of the armor allongside with options of using the suit. Paramount and UIP then contacted Marvel to pressent the idea. We even presented them with the idea of a Lifesize Hulkbuster or Iron Mongor.

Our proposal was if Marvel aproved for us to make a Limited amount of statues to be used in Scandinavia and Europe Preimieres. The statue would be an Heroic phose with Ironman looking a bit upwards in the air with the american or the nations flag in his hand.. We also proposed 3 armor with motion sensor were the faceplate would open and reaveal Tony Starks head inside and then a prase from Tony would play. Lights in eyes and chest would light up once the faceplate closed.
These statues should then be moved to the biggest theaters and displayed in areas to the public.

Sadly Marvel did not give the approval for its use for this idea.
Paramount and UIP thought this would be a great promotional gig that whould attract allot of positive attention to the movie and the carracter based on the quality of the sculpt. Also having live Ironman at selected theaters. We belived this would be possible in lights of allot of promotional props are custom made for premiers and such. Also theaters had expressed that they were not satisfied with the Oxmox licened statue for display use.

We also got a promotional request from Dubai to use our armor for a Pre-showing of the Movie. Even how much I would love to personally attend the show as Tony Stark and Ironman in armor this can not be done unless its given the aproval of Marvel since it is in a Comercial setting.

Our plan is to se if we can get in direct contact with the creative department to se if / how the possiblity for creative relations.
We respects Marvels wish in this case and will not offer sales of this suit.

I will use my own armor for personal use only at conventions and Superhero fanbased Charity events. No comercial use.

Im gutted to hear marvel are really stone walling you on this iv seen and followed your work from the original costume onward back to when the moore costume began to believe it could keep up with its oxomox replica with additional sculpts to your later generations taking broad steps forward both in style and creative flair resulting in a functional and practicle costume
I just hope you have greater success in the future with this project as it obviously has a very big fan base and cant wait to hear when the jarvis tech upgrades become available to non-previous TMP customers :) please let me know if you have any more UK based events planned would love to see a TMP close up

Re: TMP Iron Man. April 2010, New chest, midsection and upper legs.

I've sent you at least one or two pm's with Questions about your suit...

Are you just not going to share any info on details of your work???

:confused

I've sent you at least one or two pm's with Questions about your suit...

Are you just not going to share any info on details of your work???

:confused

You must be joking right?:lol

This is the only PM i have recived from you:

04-11-2010
Paint, and finish color used.
08:44 AM SpideyFett

That was yesterday.... :lol

If someone have shared anything about this suit, then i belive this topic that has 61 pages and been read over 260.000 times and with countless of pages to give you enought reading material from the start to finish. I think we shared about everything.
Probably it will give you reply to everything you need to know, as for instance to your last question in regards of color and paint.
But to help you out in the direction, most of is written here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=34519&page=36
Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Spidey, to add to what TMP is saying about the paints.... the quick version is that TMP used UK based auto spraypaints that you can't get in the U.S. Some of us have had fellow RPFers that live in the UK check with their postal service and they are not allowed to mail those paints here to the U.S. Similar shades have gotten custom mixed by a couple American costumers, but not 'exactly'.

The paint TMP used is very strange, indeed. In different lighting sources the red appears to be completely different shades. I've even personally compared my own TMP suit to another TMP suit in person and the other suit had their red color being a whole lot darker than the red on my own suit. It's quite weird.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back